2018 comparison to 2015

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think it still looks pretty aggressive. The car looks much better in person.
The problem is it depends on the angle you're looking at it. There's some really terrible angles and there's good ones. That just so happens to be the better angle.

The stock Pirelli's are going to be one of the first things to be taken off on my car. Already have the Steeda jacking rails, clutch spring, and Corsa Sport waiting at my house to put on. Highly considering going to a square setup on wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports.
Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
So you'd stick with the stock Pirelli's?

I guess some people's tastes are quite fruity.
Mine is due in June. The p zeros will be just fine for that time of the year :cool:

I'll also get some winter shoes for when it needs it.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
So you'd stick with the stock Pirelli's?

I guess some people's tastes are quite fruity.
Stock wheels/tires don't matter to me. Those are always one of the first things I change. But I'm not most people.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Wow, until that gif, I didn't realize how much bigger the grill is on the 18

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I like the performance improvements and the rear wing difference! Not a fan of the vents being moved inwards like that. I really like the wide super snake style of stripes, and it just doesn't look right on the 18 models when I shop em in. I also like the painted diffuser and dual exhaust over the quad. The quad exhaust to me just feels the same as when they put a fake dual exhaust on 4 bangers. It makes sense if its got the active exhaust option but otherwise its just an appearance thing I don't like.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Stock wheels/tires don't matter to me. Those are always one of the first things I change. But I'm not most people.
This ↑↑↑

Not because I don't care for any of the available choices, they just aren't wide enough or focused enough unless you can shop at the GT350 level or higher.

Norm

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Why do people bash the newer models so much? I get it ya'll own the current version and are love with it, but that don't mean ya'll ruin the fun for the future mustang buyers. I saw this exact same trend when the 2015 mustangs first launched :shrug:
I actually like what I see in the 2018 and think it's a huge improvement over the '15-'17 Mustang, which I've passed on (still have my '14). Last Mustang generation I skipped completely was the '94-'98, which I never warmed up to. I really like the Fox Body Mustangs ('79-'93) and owned 2 of those brand new. Skipped the ugly bathtub'94-'98 design. Then liked the New Edge Mustangs ('99-'04) and owned 2 of those brand new. Went on to own 3 different S197's ('05-'14). Skipped the '15-'17's, but like the '18 refresh enough that I'll likely buy an '18 or '19.

Sometimes manufacturers take a step backward, while other times they get it right and make huge strides forward.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping that stock vs stock that the 2018 GT will be faster in the 1320 than my 2014 GT.
Why worry about stock vs stock when the aftermarket is so full of easy mods? My '14 GT with only a few key mods rips the 1/4 mile in the 11.50's at 119 mph vs stock times around 12.90 at 109. The 2018's will have more power than the S197's, so you'll likely get your wish, but they might be harder to modify (at least initially until companies figure them out).

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Ive stuck with my stock pirellis..awesome tire about this time of year too
I hate the stock Pirellis that came on my last 2 Mustangs (summer PZero's on my '11 Brembo Pkg GT and all season PZero Neros on my '14 GT). I replaced both sets very quickly with much better tires! Pirelli may make some very nice high end tires, but Ford has never used any of those, just the cheap ones.
Sponsored