2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
8665785369_a105c81b5e_b.jpg
Sponsored

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
Not to be a stickler but you guys need to know that the color on the 1968 "Bullitt" Mustang was Highland Green and the paint used on the 01/08/09/18 is a darker shade of that color called Dark Highland Green.

They ain't the same colors.....

Put a 68 with original 68 lacquer paint next to an 01/08 and the difference will scream at you. The 68 is brighter and pops green a lot more.
If you put a 01 next to an 08/09 the color is not the same. Close but two different paint codes.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nope
Look at the wheel wells.... plastic extensions on the front, looks like they wide bodied the rear....custom build and clearly not the car spotted in Chicago.
I think that's just reflections in that particular picture. In all the other pics it looks like a standard car.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Neh why would Ford have a tuning shop repaint a car when they can build one to spec in their own factory? And even if so that shop would have had to sign a non disclosure agreement the size of a phone book.
I thought Petty's Garage was hooked up with Ford and might be easier to do there then doing an expensive pre-production build in the factory. Interesting that someone would paint a car with the real Bullitt around the corner. It's a 2018 so they can't have that much work into it yet...:shrug:

Double clutching on the upshifts like only Frank Bullitt can...LOL

That movie is what got me into mustangs.
Same, and probably the first cool car chase in a movie, which made my obsession with the Bullitt car what it is today :headbonk:

That looks really well done! Another photoshop or...?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Kinda...
Dark Highland Green (PY) was the paint on the 2001
Highland Green (PX) was the paint on the 2008/09 ...some material listed it as "Dark Highland Green"

1038592862.jpg
Yes and no--- the light from the flash is hitting at different angles thus throwing the color off.
In 2001 the touch up paint came came with either the PY or PX designation. Lots of discussion on IMBOC back then...consensus was that both were the same color to the human eye.

Ford lists PY in 01 as: M6920 and PX in 01 as: M6921 as noted on the chips.

Ditzler PPG lists 5488 for both.

Any difference between 01 and 08 to each other is minor in comparison of either to the original 68 color which is sharply 'greener' then both the 01 and 08. I strongly suspect the 18 will follow the path of the 01 and 08 and to the extent 08 is darker then the 01 I suspect Ford will go (sadly) in that direction as most Americans are color blind with no sense of taste anymore and hung up on colorless cars in white, black, flat grey, metallic grey, and silver (my hat is off to those of you with the balls to buy Orange Fury, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Lightning Blue)... thus the darker the green the better from Ford's perspective.

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I think that's just reflections in that particular picture. In all the other pics it looks like a standard car.
NOPE-- please go back and look again. The front fender has been cut...look at the wide body fender liner extension clearly coming out from were the fender is but--especially at the nose (metal piece goes in one direction but the plastic inner liner downward). At the rear it looks in the painted picture to have clearly been given the rear wide body hips (but I could be very wrong there).

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes and no--- the light from the flash is hitting at different angles thus throwing the color off.
In 2001 the touch up paint came came with either the PY or PX designation. Lots of discussion on IMBOC back then...consensus was that both were the same color to the human eye.

Ford lists PY in 01 as: M6920 and PX in 01 as: M6921 as noted on the chips.

Ditzler PPG lists 5488 for both.

Any difference between 01 and 08 to each other is minor in comparison of either to the original 68 color which is sharply 'greener' then both the 01 and 08. I strongly suspect the 18 will follow the path of the 01 and 08 and to the extent 08 is darker then the 01 I suspect Ford will go (sadly) in that direction as most Americans are color blind with no sense of taste anymore and hung up on colorless cars in white, black, flat grey, metallic grey, and silver (my hat is off to those of you with the balls to buy Orange Fury, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Lightning Blue)... thus the darker the green the better from Ford's perspective.
I don’t know, they already did a dark greenish gray with Guard and it didn’t sell well. I have a feeling this green will be a little lighter and greener to be closer to the 68 color. We’ll see in less than 2 days! :D

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know, they already did a dark greenish gray with Guard and it didn’t sell well. I have a feeling this green will be a little lighter and greener to be closer to the 68 color. We’ll see in less than 2 days! :D
Wishin and a hopin....:cheers:

Looking forward to your reports!!!:clap2:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Sooo How many 2018 Bullitts have they built so far???? We saw one in Chicago....the others?

Can't have one on public display in Detroit and sell it in Scottsdale (19th) at the same time.... gotta have at least 2....any more?

Sponsored

Niramac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster 696
Going to try and hit up Barrett Jackson for the auction. Hopefully will be able to get some pictures up close.

Bullitt 3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
Sooo How many 2018 Bullitts have they built so far???? We saw one in Chicago....the others?

Can't have one on public display in Detroit and sell it in Scottsdale (19th) at the same time.... gotta have at least 2....any more?
More than likely they will be bidding on the rights to own the first Bullitt profuced. They have done this several times in the past.

If orders are not taken until March they should have a few pre production cars ready and could show one in Detroit and another at BJ. In 2008 Ford produced them sold several PP cars.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Debut tomorrow?