Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

SMUAlien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Were you able to find whatever C3806 harness is? Really want to do this to my 2018 GT without active.
Sponsored

svtsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
were you able to do any progress? I am really excited about this. have the 18 with out the active.
I converted mine, and have been driving with it for about 3 weeks now. I bought the mufflers from the dealer, and painted the tips w/ flat black header paint. On my car (400A - PP1 - Mangeride), there is already a connector that is part of the main harness. The connector is in the middle of the car, by the spare tire area. If you look back at post 41, you will see pictures, and this connector's location in the diagram.
Ford was not able to get me a part number for the harness from this 12-pin connector to the 2x 4-pin connectors on the exhaust valves. As my background is in electronics, and I wire race cars all the time, I sourced the connector parts, and built my own harness. The attached picture does not have the connectors for the valves yet.
I enabled the active exhaust by changing 1 line of code w/ Forscan. It works just like the factory option, but for less $$. I have a resonator delete, and it is very loud in track. I have the quit start programmed to always start in quiet, and then I can make it louder if I want.
If there was interest, I can figure out how much it cost me to build the harness & make some up for others. With this harness, and some vary basic Forscan knowledge, it is a bolt in - plug & play modification.
IMG_5097.JPG

SMUAlien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If there was interest, I can figure out how much it cost me to build the harness & make some up for others. With this harness, and some vary basic Forscan knowledge, it is a bolt in - plug & play modification.
There is interest, I'd really like to do this mod, and I'd buy a harness from you if you are willing to make one. I have a base 2018 GT with 301A. Guess I should go ahead and order the mufflers. Pretty awesome that you got it to work.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I converted mine, and have been driving with it for about 3 weeks now. I bought the mufflers from the dealer, and painted the tips w/ flat black header paint. On my car (400A - PP1 - Mangeride), there is already a connector that is part of the main harness. The connector is in the middle of the car, by the spare tire area. If you look back at post 41, you will see pictures, and this connector's location in the diagram.
Ford was not able to get me a part number for the harness from this 12-pin connector to the 2x 4-pin connectors on the exhaust valves. As my background is in electronics, and I wire race cars all the time, I sourced the connector parts, and built my own harness. The attached picture does not have the connectors for the valves yet.
I enabled the active exhaust by changing 1 line of code w/ Forscan. It works just like the factory option, but for less $$. I have a resonator delete, and it is very loud in track. I have the quit start programmed to always start in quiet, and then I can make it louder if I want.
I’m interested too!!

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue

Interested!!!

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
also I am curious how it works.
Do you have the option to select the mode on dash screen now?
Do the valves open and close depending how you drive?
in short does it work same as the factory one?
If yes, I would like to purchase the harness from you.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That is exactly what I’ve been wanting and hoping to hear, awesome work! I’d be in for a harness.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)

Is this what you used to edit on forscan?

Active Exhaust
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled DB252's Findings
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled Both must be set for Active Exhaust enabled/disabled

I am new to all this just trying to be safe.
It is noted to that
"This section is designed to help those upgrading to a 2018 digital cluster or to change features on their current 2018 digital cluster. Some features are untested. Use at your own risk!"
so does this mean it wont work if we dont have the digital cluster?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Oh man, I'm all over this. I'll call ford tomorrow, see if I can find out the info on that harness and the valves. I have a friend in the parts department.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Oh man, I'm all over this. I'll call ford tomorrow, see if I can find out the info on that harness and the valves. I have a friend in the parts department.
Please let me know if you can find a pigtail for the connector that goes into the motor itself. I only need like 6" of wiring on the end, as I'm modding the motors, as OP did, I just don't want to have to try to solder down into the female portion of the connector.

JR

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That looks like it to me...

Great work! I'm glad this is a plug n' play mod to 2018's!!

Also mine is still working great. Installing an 18 bumper soon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One question. I saw you said you have it programmed to always start in quiet mode. I have a lot of people asking me if you can program it to start in track mode automatically. I know with the 15-17's you can't program the modes to be remembered.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Please let me know if you can find a pigtail for the connector that goes into the motor itself. I only need like 6" of wiring on the end, as I'm modding the motors, as OP did, I just don't want to have to try to solder down into the female portion of the connector.

JR
Will do. My friend got busy today and forgot, so I'll bug him again tomorrow.

Anyone know if this is the harness we need attached to the solenoid?
That sure looks like it. What's the part number on that?
Sponsored