2018-2019 GT Performance Kit Ford Performance

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just a reminder for everyone talking about it "keeping the warranty". It keeps the warranty for anything related to this tune for the first 3 years / 36k miles of the car's life only. You lose the last 2 years / 24k miles of the factory drivetrain warranty and any extended warranty for any problems that are chased back to this package.
Hey, does that mean that if my car is 1 year old, i just have 2years/24k miles left (assuming 12k/year mileage)?
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey, does that mean that if my car is 1 year old, i just have 2years/24k miles left (assuming 12k/year mileage)?
No. It means that any failures that occur with, or because of, the tune and parts associated with the power pack can be denied if you're passed your 3 year/36k. Ford performance takes over the warranty, then it goes back to your original drivetrain for the 5y/60k. So something like the timing chain tensioner chirp should be covered, but a hole through your piston could be said to be the fault of the tune.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just a reminder for everyone talking about it "keeping the warranty". It keeps the warranty for anything related to this tune for the first 3 years / 36k miles of the car's life only. You lose the last 2 years / 24k miles of the factory drivetrain warranty and any extended warranty for any problems that are chased back to this package.
To be Honest, most dealers now could careless. Almost everyone mods a Mustang to some degree if they turned down moded cars they wouldnt make anything. My dealer has a strict we didnt see anything policy. And if ford wants picture they tell ya ahead of time so you can bring it in sans mods. They just want the work anymore and most dealers couldnt care less about mods. Ive modded most my cars and only one thats been a pain about warrenty was Honda but again find the right dealer... plus its just an intake its not a major part. The chances this messes up an engine is next to none

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
plus its just an intake its not a major part. The chances this messes up an engine is next to none
You're getting gatz from the intake. The HP /torque increases are from the tune, and that's non-trivial. Throw a rod or crack a piston for any reason and it will be blamed on the tune regardless, no matter how understanding your dealer is..

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You're getting gatz from the intake. The HP /torque increases are from the tune, and that's non-trivial. Throw a rod or crack a piston for any reason and it will be blamed on the tune regardless, no matter how understanding your dealer is..
I hear what you are saying but, These coyote engines are pretty much bullet proof. They twin turbo them supercharge them all day long and there is no issues. I would highly doubt a "tune" which is basically a love tap to the engine as it is in this form from Ford Performance (This is really just a performance boost not really a true tune) would have the chance to do much. No to mention its from ford by ford for a ford. Not a third party. I would say the chances of this kit causing you any issues by itself is as I said next to zero. Its not really doing much to the engine that hasnt been done on the Bullitt which is the same engine and they dont have issues.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Run ANY engine overly lean, and you'd destroy it in short order. The excessive combustion chamber heat, would cause pistons to expand more than they should, scoring the cylinder walls, and eventually seizing up, with the typical consequences. And yes, any bad tune could do that.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would highly doubt a "tune" which is basically a love tap to the engine as it is in this form from Ford Performance (This is really just a performance boost not really a true tune) would have the chance to do much..
Check what I said. I didn't say it would cause a problem, I said "blamed on the tune regardless". It gives them an out in the event of a problem that could be tune related, and those types of problems are pricey ones.

No to mention its from ford by ford for a ford. Not a third party. .
Read Ford Performance's warranty statements. They explicitly call themselves a "third party" vendor.

Its not really doing much to the engine that hasnt been done on the Bullitt which is the same engine and they dont have issues.
Actually, no. The Bullitt gets its baseline HP boost off the larger throttle body and intake by breathing more freely at top end RPM. It's pretty much identical to the standard Coyote below that and does not require 91 octane fuel in normal use.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Check what I said. I didn't say it would cause a problem, I said "blamed on the tune regardless". It gives them an out in the event of a problem that could be tune related, and those types of problems are pricey ones.

Read Ford Performance's warranty statements. They explicitly call themselves a "third party" vendor.

Actually, no. The Bullitt gets its baseline HP boost off the larger throttle body and intake by breathing more freely at top end RPM. It's pretty much identical to the standard Coyote below that and does not require 91 octane fuel in normal use.
Awesome cool thanks for the info. But what I was really just trying to say was ive tuned cars before and Ive modded cars before and this kit is not really much more than a boost and is far from anything thats gonna seriously mess up this particular engine. Thats all, wasn't trying to be technical. I seriously doubt there's much here to worry about or that will deny a warranty. I will add we have enough fear in this world. And the last thing anyone should be afraid of is a warranty. Its like an oil or what gas you use argument. Warranty viewpoints in the car world drive me nuts. if your worried about it dont do it. if you are not then do it. its rather simple really. But I see so many people stress over warranties non stop with cars instead of enjoying them. Bottom line do what ya want with YOUR car. Enjoy YOUR car. Like I said it is dealer dependant. Ive seen dealer deny a car warranty on paint because they said it was bees. Then Ive seen a dealer replace a fully modded engine the owner blew under warranty. The ony point i was trying to make is if ya want it get, the chances this kit will do anything to your engine is next to nothing and if you are that worried about it then have ford install it and get the warranty. But whatever you chose enjoy the car and dont stress it so much. its not like ford is gonna put out a kit thats gonna blow engines left and right so they have more whoas then they have already. They put out a tested product and offer a warrenty because they know its safe. And with the number of people doing it themselves you can really see the concern over warranties with this kit LOL

And by the way do a little googling, ford performance is ford. Just because they call themselves a third party for legal reasons dosnt make them any less in house ford development :) But anyhow not arguing just clarifying my OPINION.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hey different topic... so how many cut the engine cover out for thehose and how many just left the cover off after putting this kit on? I personally cut the place out.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey different topic... so how many cut the engine cover out for thehose and how many just left the cover off after putting this kit on? I personally cut the place out.
FWIW, I pulled the engine cover to install the oil separator and never put it back. I much prefer the look without it. Now I just need to spend the time to get at the firewall nut so that I can pull the sound tube off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
FWIW, I pulled the oil cover to install the oil separator and never put it back. I much prefer the look without it. Now I just need to spend the time to get at the firewall nut so that I can pull the sound tube off.
Watch youtube, there is a couple videos show you how to just pull it off. Its what I did. Can just yank it and it pops off the screw with out taking all that tire well stuff apart. Didnt break my tube the fastener just popped off the screw. Its not like its going back on anyway lol. I have fairly big hands and was still able to reach in and put plug in.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
FWIW, I pulled the oil cover to install the oil separator and never put it back. I much prefer the look without it.
This!

I think the 18-19 cover is ugly. The 15-17 motor looked much nicer.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch youtube, there is a couple videos show you how to just pull it off. Its what I did. Can just yank it and it pops off the screw with out taking all that tire well stuff apart. Didnt break my tube the fastener just popped off the screw. Its not like its going back on anyway lol. I have fairly big hands and was still able to reach in and put plug in.
Oh, I know about the twist-and-pull method for removing the tube. But, if I ever tire of the car and want to sell it, I want to be able to tell potential buyers that all the parts are available to put it back to stock if they wish.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
That open air intake is whats putting me off buying it.
Someone in the other thread about the pack is actually running the tune/throttle body with stock airbox... seems to be doing well.