Sponsored

2018-19 glove box key

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Make a speed limited My Key. You can set a warning speed, max speed, limit volume...
Yeah but then I would have to carry both keys with me and run the risk of losing the spare.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
What would be nice is a lock that actuates with the electric door locks, so whenever you remotely lock your doors, the glove box & center console are locked too.

F-150 finally added it to their tailgates after years of people stealing $1000+- tailgates off of trucks. I had to manually add one to prior years with a kit / electric solenoid system.
The center console on mine does lock with the enhanced security package, but not the glove box door. Not so sure if that’s a good thing because the determined punk that just broke into your car will now cause more damage getting into the center console.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The center console on mine does lock with the enhanced security package, but not the glove box door. Not so sure if that’s a good thing because the determined punk that just broke into your car will now cause more damage getting into the center console.
Yeah I ordered the security package, but if you left it fully alarmed, the punk would also set off the motion alarm... and might not stay long enough to rummage?

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Possible hi-jack, but, when all the doors are locked on these new cars, is the fuel door locked also??

OP
OP

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Possible hi-jack, but, when all the doors are locked on these new cars, is the fuel door locked also??
No lock on the fuel door an no locking cap like the one available on the previous generation cars. Come on Ford, what are you thinking?!?

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
So wish list:

Enhanced security:
1. lock center console AND glove box with remote lock
2. Valet mode, locks both above and limits HP
3. Gas door locks with remote lock (my 2006 Porsche Cayman S had this feature... first time I went to fill up I was like "shit how to I get this open!")

The advantage of the separate key and the FOB is you can lock the glove box, then keep the key / key chain and only give the FOB to the Valet.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
The frustrating this with the Security package is that locking center console unlocks with the push of the unlock button on the door. Key doesn't have to be anywhere around and the alarm could be blaring, that thing just pops open. Hardly seems secure to me.
Sponsored