2018 10R80 Transmission

Stang007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 Lightning Blue Mustang Gt
I have a friend that has about 1000 miles on his 2018. Its a 10r80 and went to go drive it and it will not move in any gear. You here it engage but give it gas and nothing. It is being towed to Ford as we speak. All the issues i keep hearing really make it hard for me to want to add any performance upgrades to my 2018. He also told me when he talked to service department they asked if it was modified. It is stock but they said any cold air kit besides a Rousch or Ford kit will void warranty. They also said you can add any exhaust after cats but if you had headers and no cats warranty voided. I would be in a big fight if my trans went out and they would not warranty it because had a JLT cold air kit. That is crap.
Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Isolated issues happen on any car. Sorry for your friends experience.

Define all the issues because generalizing a few scattered reports into a general problem just scares people into other cars with their own isolated issues.

It's well known that some dealerships are more mod friendly than others. And some people are much more effective at getting their issues taken care of than others despite any initial resistance from a dealer.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Sorry to hear this.... I have 6000 miles on A-10. it can do it all, HPDE's, long distance touring, and of course Drag racing!! which is what Bruceline, and I did last night at Brainerd Intl. raceway.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
In spite of what unscrupulous dealers say, mods can only void a portion of the warranty if it can be proven that the mod caused the specific failure! How could a cold air intake or tune cause a failure of a power window motor!?

Last edited:

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Almost 9k miles on mine. Daily driven 80 miles and beat on hard on the weekends. Loving it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang007

Stang007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 Lightning Blue Mustang Gt
Good to hear most guys having no problems with the 10r80. Just wanted to share some info even though not good info. I will let you know what ford says about the trans.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Mine runs like a watch! No issues. Just a very slight whine when backing out of the driveway, which I hear they all do to one degree or the other.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
11 K miles including LOTS of autocrossing. No issues with the transmission or any other part of the car.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The other 99.xx % with no poblems are off driving their cars having fun. The 0.xx% with problems are online, in forums posting complaints, looking for answers.

Case in point, I saw this guy with 1 post count.... Came in looking to rant about a dealership hosing him. Never was on a mustang or Ford forum before, but when he wanted to complain, he went online, signed up for an account and made a post.

That's why they say in business the customer is always right.... and to make your mad/angry customers happy. B/c unfortunately, happy customers generally don't tell anyone. Angry customers TELL EVERYONE they know how mad they are!!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's why they say in business the customer is always right.... and to make your mad/angry customers happy. B/c unfortunately, happy customers generally don't tell anyone. Angry customers TELL EVERYONE they know how mad they are!!
This

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
8 months and 1200 miles on mine with no issues
Sponsored