Sponsored

2018 10R80 Replacement

MercMan954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
At 11K, I have been dealing with the typical 10R80 symptoms for the past ~2K miles (4-3 shift hard, lunging into traffic, jump from neutral to drive). I brought my car into a local dealer, which test drove it and then checked the transmission pan to find metal. The car was in the shop for 3 weeks, while it got a brand new transmission. I made sure to have the service advisor verify with the tech that they checked for a TCM update, which he assures me they did. The receipt says they replaced the transmission, updated the solenoid shift strategy, and test drove the car. The day I picked up the car from the shop, I noticed a slight bump going into drive. Since they had given me a loaner 2019 Ecoboost with the 10r80 (drove it 700 miles), I knew this wasn't right. The advisor assured me the adaptive strategy would smooth things out in 50-100 miles. Here I am 300 miles later, and the vehicle is getting progressively worse (almost as bad as it was before). I have an appointment to bring this back tomorrow, but I'm not sure what this dealer can do since they already replaced the entire unit. Should I be bringing this back to the same place? I contacted Ford and they wouldn't give me a recommendation (they basically read some pre-printed script and hung-up on me). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I was reading where someone had theirs replaced under warranty and the Dumbass dealer didn't flush the lines. Thus contaminating the new transmission and fluid. Which resulted in another ruined transmission.

Mine has the occasional jump going into drive, but it's usually only when it's cold. Once it's warmed up, it's fine. Same with the occasional hard shifts. I wait until my transmission fluid is warmed up before I go above 3300rpm.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I replaced under warranty the trasmission with all clutches seared.
I do roadcourse.
Now I did upgrade my oil cooler with a 25row setrab.
Unfortunately bigger issue for this trans isnthe bodyvalve that opens at 190f. So trasmission works too high temp.
With this ULTRA LOW VISCOSITY fluid trans should operate at lower temps especially if you drive a muatang as it supposed to be done.
And usually
for an auto the cooler the better. There isna company developing a deeper and metal pan with fins for more fluid capacity and better cooling.
Sponsored