2017 poa5b current sensor and other codes

Paulb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Hello everyone, I have a 2017 manual coyote in a 69 fastback, it has had the pats removed , Ron Francis wiring loom
I’m getting the poa5b (generator current sensor circuit low code) that I think is setting off other codes as well eg:po390,p0394, alternator is charging at about 14.8v at the battery which is in the boot, been through all the connections, tested the current at the plugs and all seems good, alternator part no is GR3T 10300 HA , when I look up 2017 alternators it gives me a pet no of GR3Z 10346, the one I have seems to be from a 2016 year? Did the 2017 have a current sensor in the alternator ? And is that why its throwing codes?
when looking at the amps in forscan it shows as -20 amp
any help or guidance would be appreciated,
thanks Paul
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't have specific help for you. However, I would be concerned with a charging voltage of 14.8V. You really should be in the 13.9V-14.2V range when charging. 14.8V would have me concerned about an over charging condition.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don't have specific help for you. However, I would be concerned with a charging voltage of 14.8V. You really should be in the 13.9V-14.2V range when charging. 14.8V would have me concerned about an over charging condition.
FWIW, the part number for the alternator is for an heavy-duty/extra capacity alternator.
14.8V suggests to me the OP doesn't drive the car much, and the battery is in a continuous low-charge state.

As usual, the battery may be at fault.

OP
OP

Paulb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Battery is only 4 mths old, optima blue top, battery Test fine, car isn’t a daily driver but even with a charger on battery it stil up in that voltage, testing the alternator wiring back to the panel is normal, I did a search on this forum and found a couple of others with the same issue but no replies on what it was
Sponsored