Battery Temp Sensor or Current Sensor ?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Looking under the hood of my new GT I noticed a sensor (with no connector plugged into it) on the passenger side, circling one of the main cables going to./from the fuse box. Ford Parts lists it as a "Sensor - BT4Z-14B357-B" in the electrical - battery section.

Does anyone else have this and is it not connected?
Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Looking under the hood of my new GT I noticed a sensor (with no connector plugged into it) on the passenger side, circling one of the main cables going to./from the fuse box. Ford Parts lists it as a "Sensor - BT4Z-14B357-B" in the electrical - battery section.

Sounds like a current sensor. My ‘16 Ecoboost has one on the positive cable and one on the negative cable. They are both plugged in to the wire harness. You might want to look around to see if you have the plug loose somewhere.....

OP
OP
boB

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Thanks for taking a look! I didn't see any loose connectors, wondering if it is some option I didn't order. I plan to order the service manual, the electrical diagrams should show what is there.

OP
OP
boB

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Got my Ford (Helm) service manual today and that cleared up the mystery. There are two Hall Effect current sensors in the electrical system: one checks battery current through the two main ground cables; the other measures current from the alternator and is optional but not serviceable (since it is around the cable and can't be removed). This is the one that is not connected and not needed on my car.
Sponsored