Sponsored

2017 Mustang Gt 350 Bad Valve Spring now Damaged in shipment by Ford update with Pics

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I have read the entire thread, and would make two suggestions. First, if you go to the BBB, file your complaint, on line, with the BBB in Dearborn, MI. I had a problem with a corporation and was advised to go this route as the big companies do not like having to answer complaints at the corporate level. My issue was resolved within two weeks of filing.

Or, go to the library and look for a copy of Who's Who in Business and see if the home address of the CEO for Ford is available. Send a Certified detailed letter, with the photos to him, if possible. I did this with a Pontiac in 1986, and was given a new car, built under an executive code and delivered in two weeks. Due to all the privacy concerns today, the home information may not be available any more, but it is worth a try.

I understand your frustration, but the receiving dealer screwed up, as the shipper has the paperwork, signed by that dealer, showing no damage. So, I am sure they will pull out those documents and tell you the car was fine when they dropped it off. The dealer should step up and have the repairs completed based on their acceptance of the car. Their legal folks should then go after the shipper, or just chalk it up to experience. Have you spoken with the dealership owner or GM?

I honestly, would have the car repaired and enjoy it. I am sure you can find a body shop that will remove all the panels and refinish them, most likely better then the factory, in your area. After it is completely finished, then make the decision to keep it or not. Good Luck!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
I believe I found his address. I am going to try your suggestion. If I was the CEO I would want the opportunity to make it right before my customer had to engage outside influences. Thanks for the advise. I'm going to try it.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I believe I found his address. I am going to try your suggestion. If I was the CEO I would want the opportunity to make it right before my customer had to engage outside influences. Thanks for the advise. I'm going to try it.
Excellent! Please keep us posted. :thumbsup:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would find the owner of the dealership and ask him 1 question:
"If this were a new car being delivered to your dealership, your employee signed the Bill of Lading, without noting damage and you later discovered this damage, what would you have done?"

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Do some calling around and find out if your state's attorney is able to weigh in. Might be a cost free option for conflict resolution. I had some luck in a similar situation with third party agreements (carrier in this case). If they are willing to assist, this might get more action to avoid litigation.

This is very unfortunate for you. I really hope this gets resolved.

For what it's worth, I think if only Ford Performance dealers were involved, special handling, prep and a different level of equities would result in better overall satisfaction. A volume based allocation has created a mess for this car from false impression ordering to seemingly unqualified tech support.

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Unfortunately, over revving doesn't show up on the odometer. Not that that was the cause in this case.
There is only one way to over-rev this motor, miss a shift. Up shifting is foolproof the computer makes certain of that. Down shift into 2nd gear at 75 mph, that's all mechanical and there is no way of stopping it once it happens.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is a tough one to me. With the valve spring broken the valve probably hit the piston (lots of times). Is the dealer going to use a bore scope to look for damage inside the engine? You might not be able to see damage to the valve or seat, though. Probably a leak down test at a minimum should also be run.

Not only would I want to get some kind of warranty extension, but I'd also want evidence that there's no damage to the valve or the piston. If you're the type that only keeps cars 2 or 3 years, and you are planning to keep the car stock, you have nothing to worry about, I suppose. I like to keep my options open with respect to keeping the car long term and I would be a little concerned that the valve could have gotten slightly bent or there is some scuffing on the top of the piston that will be a hot spot and reduce the detonation resistance of the engine. Either issue could impact power output or engine longevity.

edit: wow, I missed a lot of pages!

Last edited:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
There is only one way to over-rev this motor, miss a shift. Up shifting is foolproof the computer makes certain of that. Down shift into 2nd gear at 75 mph, that's all mechanical and there is no way of stopping it once it happens.
I know what you’re saying, but in our cars that’s only about 8100rpm. Must have power shifted to first from second or fifth to second at 90.

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Damaged GT350

It is very sad to see the condition of your car. No wonder people don't trust dealerships, and FOMOCO. I would immediately get in touch with an attorney. I help a friend out here in CA with doing a lemon law case with her Ford and it turned out very well for her. Not saying this is a lemon law case, but I think a lemon law attorney could point you in the right direction. I would be sick if this were my car and I think you deserve a new car. You are being more patient than I would be. How much of a down payment did you make?

I wish you the very best, but please talk to an attorney.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Whoa that's a lot worse than I imagined. Looks like the same amount of clear coat chips as my 10 yr old daily driver.
Thats about 5 times worse than my 4yr old Altima and I give 0 damns about that. I'd be PISSED

Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
This is an insurance issue at this point. Get the liability insurance information for the repair dealership, shipper and receiving dealership.

You will need copies of all shipping documents. They will track down where the damage occurred by the shipping documents. Thats the only way to do it at this point. Whoever didn't properly check for damage is going to eat it.

Once that party is identified, they will be responsible to repair the damage. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is to the insurance company, they will appraise it and they will repair it.

Have your insurance company start the claim, get the car painted, and your insurance company will subrogate to recoup their funds from the party found responsible.

9/10 times a body shop paint job will be better than a factory paint job anyways.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Year old thread folks! Although I do wonder what the final outcome was.

-T
:lol:
[MENTION=26505]bwilliams[/MENTION], any update, conclusion ?? (Apologies if missed, it’s a long thread...)
Sponsored