2017 GT - MT-82 Issues

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

So, about a year back whilst on track I blew my clutch. When the clutch went, appears I did some damage to my gearbox too. The clutch was replaced with a twin plate ceramic Mantic clutch... Ford then had to rebuild my box itself replacing many parts (the parts sheet ran into more than a page!). Luckily the box was rebuilt under warranty.

I do also run a short shifter, Barton Hybrid fitted to the transmission.

The issues I am having still is the stiffness of the box. Sometimes I struggle to push the shifter into 1st when starting off. Other times, when changing down a gear, the stick gets stuck in position, and I have to "blip" the throttle to get the shifter out of one gear and into another. Happens both at speed, and quite often at slower speeds - for example in traffic if I am crawling in 3rd for example, and need to chage to 2nd... the shifter appears to not want to come out of gear. I either have to blip the throttle, or re-engage and press the clutch again to make the gear move.

I am still having issues after the re-build (about to get Ford to re-look at the box), my Ford dealer has suggested the short shifter might be at fault here or the clutch hasnt been fitted correctly.

Any thoughts from the brains trust?
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I had the same issue, I narrowed it down to my mantic cerametalic clutch, I installed the stock clutch which was still fine and my problem of not being able to down shift was fixed. Upshifting was never a problem just downshifting. I'll be sending my clutch back to mantic to see whats up. My car is a 19.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The only transmission problem I know of that could cause your issues is if the input shaft got bent or started twisting. Very doubtful that's the case unless your putting out big hp numbers.

I'm guessing something isn't right with the clutch and it's not fully disengaging. That's why it's hard to pull out of gear, especially at low speeds, and hard to get in gear when your not moving.

OP
OP
TeamDenno

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Slave cylinder out of my car on the right vs brand new one from Ford. It's being replaced under warranty. Let's hope this is the issue!

20220316_145239.jpg

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Yes I’m sure that is the issue. I was going to say it sounds like a disengagement issue or throw out bearing going bad or not spaced correctly to disengage the clutch fully.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had the same issue, I narrowed it down to my mantic cerametalic clutch, I installed the stock clutch which was still fine and my problem of not being able to down shift was fixed. Upshifting was never a problem just downshifting. I'll be sending my clutch back to mantic to see whats up. My car is a 19.
Did you get the Mantic clutch sorted out? I want one of these for my 2019 Bullitt and would love some feedback on it.

KMartin_301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Slave cylinder out of my car on the right vs brand new one from Ford. It's being replaced under warranty. Let's hope this is the issue!

20220316_145239.jpg
I bet that’s what mine looks like. I threw it from second to third against a hellcat and my clutch got stuck to the floor smh

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
How much boost are you making on that pulley?
Sponsored