Sponsored

The "no-issues" MT-82 mileage update thread!

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Well we all know the MT82 has gone through some improvements for the 15s, and most of the issues Ive seen personally havent been trans specifically related, so I thought we should have a mileage post up that gets updated all the time where people post up their mileage and any GOOD/not so bad things about their MT82. Too many times a handful of people posting up issues makes it out like its a widespread issue when it isnt the case.

I know Ive seen plenty of 100k+ mile MT82s on modded cars without problems, so it would be a good time to start a mega thread for our S550s! :cheers:

POST UP:

Mileage: XXXXX
Year/Build-date (if you have it) : XX/XX/XX

Thoughts on current state of your trans: XXXXXX
Sponsored

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Well we all know the MT82 has gone through some improvements for the 15s, and most of the issues Ive seen personally havent been trans specifically related, so I thought we should have a mileage post up that gets updated all the time where people post up their mileage and any GOOD/not so bad things about their MT82. Too many times a handful of people posting up issues makes it out like its a widespread issue when it isnt the case.

I know Ive seen plenty of 100k+ mile MT82s on modded cars without problems, so it would be a good time to start a mega thread for our S550s! :cheers:

POST UP:

Mileage: XXXXX
Year/Build-date (if you have it) : XX/XX/XX

Thoughts on current state of your trans: XXXXXX
I'm actually dropping my car off at Ford tonight so they can test drive it tomorrow morning for shifting issues... I'm keeping my fingers crossed it even gets cold enough tonight and tomorrow morning for it to act up. I've recently noticed issues when it's cold (below 38 mostly) shifting up through the gears the first few times from 1st-3rd. :frusty: Once it warms up it's fine. Or if it's a warmer day I have zero issues even if the engine isn't hot yet.

Mileage: 9700ish
Build date: October 2014 (don't have exact date info on me)

Thoughts on current state of your trans: overall I'm impressed with it compared to my 2004 5 speed V6. It shifts so smoothly and I love how light the clutch is vs how stiff my '04 is. A little annoyed I never knew about this issue though with the MT82. We shall see what happens.

PS - I realize this isn't necesarily a good post like you wanted, but I'm trying to find other people having issues with their 2015 and this is the most recent thread I've found.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mileage: 1400
Build date: 12/23/14

Zero issues. Just that thud which happens on warm-ups in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and even that has decreased with the additional mileage. Gates are clearly defined. A rushed shift into 3rd creates a slight hesitation. I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes as the miles continue to pile on.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually dropping my car off at Ford tonight so they can test drive it tomorrow morning for shifting issues... I'm keeping my fingers crossed it even gets cold enough tonight and tomorrow morning for it to act up. I've recently noticed issues when it's cold (below 38 mostly) shifting up through the gears the first few times from 1st-3rd. :frusty: Once it warms up it's fine. Or if it's a warmer day I have zero issues even if the engine isn't hot yet.

Thoughts on current state of your trans: overall I'm impressed with it compared to my 2004 5 speed V6. It shifts so smoothly and I love how light the clutch is vs how stiff my '04 is. A little annoyed I never knew about this issue though with the MT82. We shall see what happens.

PS - I realize this isn't necesarily a good post like you wanted, but I'm trying to find other people having issues with their 2015 and this is the most recent thread I've found.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16085

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mileage: 3500
It has transmission whine since day 1. I dont notice it as much with the FRPP catback but it still annoys my inner perfectionist.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Mileage: 3500
It has transmission whine since day 1. I dont notice it as much with the FRPP catback but it still annoys my inner perfectionist.
Yeah mine has a wicked whine as well. Shifting is great, though. I consider the issue resolved since I can't hear the whine over my headers.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
390 miles on mine and no issues so far. Shifts are pretty smooth but 3rd is a little notchy and once and a while it feels like you're locked out of 3rd and I have to put it in neutral and then into 3rd and it goes into gear with no problems. Occasionally I feel a little thud like feedback in the shifter. I think it's just the nature of a manual rear wheel drive. I will probably pick up the bracket from Steeda to eliminate the transmission movement and the notchy shift should disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Overall I'm happy with mine and the clutch feels better without the spring. I am noticing the whine from time to time in 2nd and 3rd gear. Can't get it reliably make the noise to take to the dealer though. It's not too bad and I'm giving it time I'm only at 875 miles currently

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've got 1600 miles on mine with no transmission issues. It thuds and nibbles 1-2 and 2-3 when cold (talking like 20* F range). I don't consider these issues, so I'd say it acts like a normal manual transmission. I'd like to swap fluids out just for experimentation sake, and install the steeda or whiteline transmission mount insert (heard lots of great things about these).

Now it got towed to the dealer for a nasty engine noise, http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17057 which I'm sure is unrelated to the transmission.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17057

SPEEDFREAK13

Reaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
1,400 usual thud and spring assist delete no issues at all and I've been racing it since day 2.

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Mileage: 300
Build date: 1/26/15

I received my mustang gt on 2/11/15. I have had zero issues with the transmission and I drove it hard yesterday. I drove from Tampa to Daytona yesterday. I did multiple redline shifts and then through Orlando at 9am there was a lot of stop and go traffic. There were no thuds or notchy shifts. I think that most people who complain about this transmission need to go test drive a older WRX with the 5 speed. They would be running back to the MT82.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Is your Mustang currently at the dealer, 2015CoyoteV8? Shoot over a PM with your name, contact info, VIN, and servicing dealer; I'll see how I can help. :)

Celebrating your Mustangs is a fantastic idea, Nemesys! :D

So I don't "jack the thread," I'll run away now. :bolt:

Rachel
Sponsored