2017 350R Lightning Blue 5K Over

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That would be the car guy thing to do BUT it’s going to be hard for you to complain if someone comes along and makes an offer that you didn’t. Unless money is put down - you’re at high risk of losing the car.
Sponsored

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
I know I can’t complain. I’ve just worked them so hard. $30K —> $20K —> $5K.

If someone does engage with them, please PM me as I will share some relevant info with a forum member.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Well I wish you luck! Pull the trigger! :) You know what they say - poop or get off the pot :)

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
All this complaining about how bad dealers are with ADMs, and we have an example where a potential buyer pushes, pushes, pushes, then says meh, I'll think about it for a few weeks...:shrug::crazy:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've always thought of it as part of the game...part of supply and demand. A lot of people turn dealers into the villains....and even blame buyers that pay ADM as the main problem... It's none of that. Likewise, I don't think there's anything wrong with what [MENTION=30074]Dalema[/MENTION] is doing except the risk of not getting the car at all, which is his business.

Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
Is this car still available? I might have a buyer.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I've always thought of it as part of the game...part of supply and demand. A lot of people turn dealers into the villains....and even blame buyers that pay ADM as the main problem... It's none of that. Likewise, I don't think there's anything wrong with what [MENTION=30074]Dalema[/MENTION] is doing except the risk of not getting the car at all, which is his business.
I suppose it depends on if [MENTION=30074]Dalema[/MENTION] really wants the car or not..but I don't know what he means by this:

"Sure would be nice if anyone took this lead to respect that I was actively involved with the car and am the one who had got them to this point."

I'm not sure what the purpose of beating up a dealer on their ADM if you don't follow thru with the purchase. Won't help anybody when the next ADM worthy vehicle drops. :cheers:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Strokes, asshats, u can add an adjective. And people wonder why dealers act as they do. :doh:

All this complaining about how bad dealers are with ADMs, and we have an example where a potential buyer pushes, pushes, pushes, then says meh, I'll think about it for a few weeks...:shrug::crazy:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I suppose it depends on if [MENTION=30074]Dalema[/MENTION] really wants the car or not..but I don't know what he means by this:

"Sure would be nice if anyone took this lead to respect that I was actively involved with the car and am the one who had got them to this point."

I'm not sure what the purpose of beating up a dealer on their ADM if you don't follow thru with the purchase. Won't help anybody when the next ADM worthy vehicle drops. :cheers:
That's why I basically said that...he can ask, but it doesn't really mean anything when it comes to actually getting the car.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I know I can’t complain. I’ve just worked them so hard. $30K —> $20K —> $5K.

If someone does engage with them, please PM me as I will share some relevant info with a forum member.
So why not just pull the trigger? Wire them a deposit and call it a day.

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
No doubt the risk of getting picked off here is high.

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
Strokes, asshats, u can add an adjective. And people wonder why dealers act as they do. :doh:

Are you guys seriously defending a dealer that asked for a $30K ADM Pre delivery when I inquired, on delivery that came down to $20K and then by WAITING and not buying into the ADM BS, but talking to them about the market that I see through my research - they came down to $5K over?

I wasn’t going to pay an ADM on a Ford, where the dealers are just gouging people. I absolutely understood the risk of waiting, and ultimately the car has gone to someone else - hopefully on this forum - so I will continue to look for one at sticker.

I’m even patient enough to wait until the next new shiny thing comes out in a couple of months and pick one up used under sticker.

I will say all the recent FB posts about reliability and engine swap issues does have me a little concerned, but I have to believe they are isolated incidents.

I just take offense to you guys flaming me for not buying into the ADM (made up numbers) game. Fair enough on the other feedback and for me trying to get a deal done when the interwebs become aware of it.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I think 5k over for an R is a no brainer. And this from someone who lucked out and got a shadow black at MSRP. Those deals are very very hard to find on an R. If I was in the market and that LB came up for 5k over it would have been mine. 10K or more, at least for me I would have kept my 15 whippled GT for the time being. It also comes down to how much want there is and also budget. :thumbsup: Good luck in your search.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Are you guys seriously defending a dealer that asked for a $30K ADM Pre delivery when I inquired, on delivery that came down to $20K and then by WAITING and not buying into the ADM BS, but talking to them about the market that I see through my research - they came down to $5K over?

I wasn’t going to pay an ADM on a Ford, where the dealers are just gouging people. I absolutely understood the risk of waiting, and ultimately the car has gone to someone else - hopefully on this forum - so I will continue to look for one at sticker.

I’m even patient enough to wait until the next new shiny thing comes out in a couple of months and pick one up used under sticker.

I will say all the recent FB posts about reliability and engine swap issues does have me a little concerned, but I have to believe they are isolated incidents.

I just take offense to you guys flaming me for not buying into the ADM (made up numbers) game. Fair enough on the other feedback and for me trying to get a deal done when the interwebs become aware of it.
I don't think anyone is defending the dealer, but questioning the fact that you did work them so hard for no apparent reason if you didn't buy it.

I really have grown to dislike the dealers around me and my family won't be supporting them. Most are just a-holes when it comes to the R and they absolutely don't care about how they treat customers. Most in my area have had big turnovers in Sales Managers to the point of ridiculous.

I've had one dealer, that I bought my car from, tell me they wouldn't sell an incoming R lower than $30K over. When the car came in, they had it advertised at $30K over on the website. When I called, it became $40K over. In a couple of weeks, it was at $20K over and still sitting. When I asked them a few months later what they sold it at, they exclaimed $30K over!!! (which was total B.S.).

The next R they got (2018) was listed at $30K over. Went to look at it, and the sales guy wouldn't even open the door to the car for me to see what # it is, even though it was not sold and sitting in the middle of the showroom floor with kids and others bumping up against it (saw a kid run over to it and slam his hands onto the car). :lol: With just talking about GT350's, they told me that my loaded 2017 Lightning Blue with 1K miles was an awful color and if I was going to trade it towards their spectacular Lead Foot Grey $30K markup car, they'd give me $43K in trade. :crazy:

Another dealer, which gets a large volume of R's, said 2 months ago that all incoming R's were already sold at $30K over. they recently had a brand new R sitting on the showroom floor for $15K over.

I could go on and on. My wife tells me that she never wants to buy another Ford not because of the product, but because the of the local dealers. I will most definitely be buying my 2018 Raptor from the dealer that is selling me my R (not local) just because they have been so awesome to deal with. I just with they were local.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Stop talking and buy the car. 5k is nothing over many many years
Sponsored