Sponsored

2016 Track Pack First Impressions

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Recently, I purchased a 2016 Shadow Black Track Pack GT350 to drive and enjoy. All I can say is...wow.

So far, I've put almost 200 miles on the car, and I can't say enough about how incredible this car is to drive! I had a chance to drive (coincidentally) this exact color/combination Shelby at Laguna Seca in August. The track experience was incredible, and driving this car on the street is simply amazing. The steering is tight, especially at speed - the faster you go, the tighter and more responsive the steering becomes. The braking is unbelievable, and the overall feel of the engine (and I do mean FEEL) is amazing. I've NEVER driven a car that is so visceral. This Shelby is extremely refined, while giving you that old school feel of the engine/road through the steering wheel, body, shifting, etc. I've been blessed to own some really nice cars, and nothing has put a smile on my face like this car. The physical connectivity with this car CANNOT be over estimated!

Additionally, I've had a chance to try out several of the driving modes. Sport Mode is just plain awesome! I found myself turning down, and eventually, turning off the radio just so I could hear the engine. Every time I get into the car and put it into Sport Mode, I have to turn off the radio for the majority of the drive - otherwise, I feel like I'm missing out or being cheated by not hearing that sweet engine and exhaust. What a car!

Also, I had the opportunity to (unintentionally) us the Weather Mode, as I got caught in some pretty good rain on the way home from work yesterday (yes, I took it to work, because this car was meant to drive!! :headbang:). I have a 2015 Hellcat; which, of course, is a completely different car, but also a ton a fun! The Hellcat is also tough to drive in the rain - you feel like you have slicks! Therefore, I was concerned about how the Shelby would handle in the rain. So, I put it in Weather Mode, said a quick prayer, and headed home. In short, this car is AMAZING...even in the rain! I never lost traction, even when I tried! I tried to get the back end loose rounding a turn that I had lost traction in the Hellcat during rain...nothing doin'! It handled every bit as good at my all-wheel drive BMW!

In short, I find something new to love about this car each time I take it out. This will be a car that, God willing, will be mine forever.

Cheers! :ford:
5.jpg
11.jpg
8.jpg
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Amazing it surely is! And absolutely stunning in black! Like you, I typically keep the radio off... because of dat sound! :D

Nice bokeh shots too. Congrats again bro! :cheers:

Poisyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tree Fiddy
Thanks for the update man, glad you're enjoying! Mine should be here this week ahhhhhhhh

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Wow thanks for the pics! I have the exact same car on order. I can't freaking wait!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
This is why I ordered black no stripes. Congrats on a great car and thanks for the info. It makes the wait a little easier.

Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
It really does look like a shadow. Great looking ride. Glad you enjoy it.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nobody more deserving to have one here, you've helped out so many people dude. I still appreciate the deal you set up for me (although I went local at MSRP) and so, seeing you enjoy yours is a great thing.

I'm in Illinois (southern IL) so maybe I'll catch up with you some time when mine comes in.

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody more deserving to have one here, you've helped out so many people dude. I still appreciate the deal you set up for me (although I went local at MSRP) and so, seeing you enjoy yours is a great thing.

I'm in Illinois (southern IL) so maybe I'll catch up with you some time when mine comes in.
Thanks! And, we definitely need to meet up sometime! :cheers:

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Glad to see you are enjoying your car as they are meant to be driven. My wife is getting a new Camaro SS which should be a joy to drive but the GT350 is on my must have list.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Glad to see you are enjoying your car as they are meant to be driven. My wife is getting a new Camaro SS which should be a joy to drive but the GT350 is on my must have list.
GT350 = Must have period. :thumbsup:

The new 6th gen SS? Pretty cool.... nothing wrong with owning two rivals at the same time. Been there, done that like 3 years ago... don't hate us. :D

Anyway back to topic...

Hey Ruben, will you be installing the F splitter on your own? If so, just take your time... lining and aligning up is the tricky part especially when you do the center piece.

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost forgot to add - the seats. Holy cow, the seats! The Recaros are soooo nice! My hips felt a bit tight at first (I'm 6'1" and 215...I prefer to be called "Husky" :D), but I'm now over 200 miles, and the side bolsters seem to have softened up. Now, I fit perfectly and most comfortably.

The only son in my immediate famliy, and I get the birthing hips! :doh:

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I almost forgot to add - the seats. Holy cow, the seats! The Recaros are soooo nice! My hips felt a bit tight at first (I'm 6'1" and 215...I prefer to be called "Husky" :D), but I'm now over 200 miles, and the side bolsters seem to have softened up. Now, I fit perfectly and most comfortably.

The only son in my immediate famliy, and I get the birthing hips! :doh:
Lol, I have this same problem. I have wide hips and my butts hurts in those seats. I've had mine since 11/6 and already put 1600 miles lol. I drove the hell out of this thing. I think I put like 700 in the first week ^_^. Congrats man on the car. If you're interested, I know a guy that does professional shots. He did mine this past weekend.

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Pumped to finally see some fellow shadow black cars rolling around! Great pictures! Thanks a ton for the thoughts (and, particularly, the adventure in the weather).

+1 for driving the car to work & not hiding it away

Have fun out there!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Congratulations Shelby! The black looks amazing, as it should. And Thanks for all that you've done for other members! Do feel free to take a ton more pictures and post them up for us. We don't really have much real owner photos of the black
Sponsored