2016 Track Pack First Impressions

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
What a beautiful beast of a car and amazing pics ..have fun man!

smbstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Those Pilot Super Sports are some of the best rain tires I've ever used. Tons of grip in the dry and wet.

46foxcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY. 2016 GT350 900a on order
noticed no front splitter. have you gotten your splitter yet? i'm still waiting patiently for mine

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Those Pilot Super Sports are some of the best rain tires I've ever used. Tons of grip in the dry and wet.
Yup, MPSS for versatility... 100++ mph speeds on the straights in the wet and then immediate braking before a turn... no problem. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Hey Shelby_r, did you notice any difference between your non-R vs R you drove at LS? Specifically tires, wheels weight and exhaust/resonators? Or anything else?

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
noticed no front splitter. have you gotten your splitter yet? i'm still waiting patiently for mine
Yep! Just had it installed yesterday. I was going to tackle it myself, but then I watched the video. :cool:

Lifts are a wonderful thing! :D

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Hey Shelby_r, did you notice any difference between your non-R vs R you drove at LS? Specifically tires, wheels weight and exhaust/resonators? Or anything else?
Great question. At the time, I wasn't certain I could/would get an R, so I only drove the Track Pack Shelby. Now, I wished I had driven both.

However, the guys who drove both said they could definitely tell the difference - I'm just not sure personally how much.

Bobstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary
Yeah I think most are shocked by handling in the rain, my old '99 would break if it hit a puddle so I was paranoid at what something with double the HP would do, shockingly enough it never breaks. Well it did once but that was because we had a few inches drop on us in about 30 mins so it was almost like driving through a shallow pond.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Great question. At the time, I wasn't certain I could/would get an R, so I only drove the Track Pack Shelby. Now, I wished I had driven both.

However, the guys who drove both said they could definitely tell the difference - I'm just not sure personally how much.
I thought that you had an R deal for $1K over?
Sponsored