GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Recently, I purchased a 2016 Shadow Black Track Pack GT350 to drive and enjoy. All I can say is...wow.

So far, I've put almost 200 miles on the car, and I can't say enough about how incredible this car is to drive! I had a chance to drive (coincidentally) this exact color/combination Shelby at Laguna Seca in August. The track experience was incredible, and driving this car on the street is simply amazing. The steering is tight, especially at speed - the faster you go, the tighter and more responsive the steering becomes. The braking is unbelievable, and the overall feel of the engine (and I do mean FEEL) is amazing. I've NEVER driven a car that is so visceral. This Shelby is extremely refined, while giving you that old school feel of the engine/road through the steering wheel, body, shifting, etc. I've been blessed to own some really nice cars, and nothing has put a smile on my face like this car. The physical connectivity with this car CANNOT be over estimated!

Additionally, I've had a chance to try out several of the driving modes. Sport Mode is just plain awesome! I found myself turning down, and eventually, turning off the radio just so I could hear the engine. Every time I get into the car and put it into Sport Mode, I have to turn off the radio for the majority of the drive - otherwise, I feel like I'm missing out or being cheated by not hearing that sweet engine and exhaust. What a car!

Also, I had the opportunity to (unintentionally) us the Weather Mode, as I got caught in some pretty good rain on the way home from work yesterday (yes, I took it to work, because this car was meant to drive!! :headbang:). I have a 2015 Hellcat; which, of course, is a completely different car, but also a ton a fun! The Hellcat is also tough to drive in the rain - you feel like you have slicks! Therefore, I was concerned about how the Shelby would handle in the rain. So, I put it in Weather Mode, said a quick prayer, and headed home. In short, this car is AMAZING...even in the rain! I never lost traction, even when I tried! I tried to get the back end loose rounding a turn that I had lost traction in the Hellcat during rain...nothing doin'! It handled every bit as good at my all-wheel drive BMW!

In short, I find something new to love about this car each time I take it out. This will be a car that, God willing, will be mine forever.

Cheers! :ford:
maybe its time to put the avatar of your car then :p:coolphotos:
Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I almost forgot to add - the seats. Holy cow, the seats! The Recaros are soooo nice! My hips felt a bit tight at first (I'm 6'1" and 215...I prefer to be called "Husky" :D), but I'm now over 200 miles, and the side bolsters seem to have softened up. Now, I fit perfectly and most comfortably.

The only son in my immediate famliy, and I get the birthing hips! :doh:
That's awesome to hear. I have had leather heated seats for the past 7 years (and it gets cold here), but I am really considering going with the Recaros since I've heard such good things.

I am wondering, though, is "straight upright" the only position you can really sit due to all the bolstering? When I drive now, I sometimes find myself resting my right arm on the arm rest if I am lazily shifting, and so I kind of "lean" toward the center of the car. Maybe it will be a good thing if the Recaro keeps me from slouching, though...

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Congratulations Shelby! The black looks amazing, as it should. And Thanks for all that you've done for other members! Do feel free to take a ton more pictures and post them up for us. We don't really have much real owner photos of the black
Well...since you asked.... ;)

It's like having a baby - people want to see it, and you're dying to show everyone! :D
4.jpg
9.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg
12.jpg

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
That's awesome to hear. I have had leather heated seats for the past 7 years (and it gets cold here), but I am really considering going with the Recaros since I've heard such good things.

I am wondering, though, is "straight upright" the only position you can really sit due to all the bolstering? When I drive now, I sometimes find myself resting my right arm on the arm rest if I am lazily shifting, and so I kind of "lean" toward the center of the car. Maybe it will be a good thing if the Recaro keeps me from slouching, though...
Good question - you don't have to sit straight up, but it does allow you to sit more upright, if you want. I have had lower back problems for a while, and all the bolstering (both around the rib cage, as well as my thighs) helps me keep a good posture and alleviates a lot of back stiffness and pain.

...no, I don't work for Ford Performance. :D

Sponsored

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
I almost forgot to add - the seats. Holy cow, the seats! The Recaros are soooo nice! My hips felt a bit tight at first (I'm 6'1" and 215...I prefer to be called "Husky" :D), but I'm now over 200 miles, and the side bolsters seem to have softened up. Now, I fit perfectly and most comfortably.

I have the same Shadow Black car (no stripes) with the Recaros seat. I'm 5'11" and 210lbs and the seats fit me perfectly and also are very comfortable. I'm glad I didn't order the Tech Pkg and get stuck with the GT style seats.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't want to drag your thread off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone carries concealed with the Recaros. I do daily, and when sitting in them at the dealership (in a GT) found them to not be as comfortable as the regular power seats. Without my pistol, I'm sure they would be awesome and I'm a big framed guy (6'1" and 235).

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I don't want to drag your thread off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone carries concealed with the Recaros. I do daily, and when sitting in them at the dealership (in a GT) found them to not be as comfortable as the regular power seats. Without my pistol, I'm sure they would be awesome and I'm a big framed guy (6'1" and 235).
I can chime in on that... Not a good combo. I always have to put the weapon in the glove box in the B302. Even subtle things as phones and wallets are very noticeable in Recaros.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I can chime in on that... Not a good combo. I always have to put the weapon in the glove box in the B302. Even subtle things as phones and wallets are very noticeable in Recaros.
That was my fear. Thanks for the feedback!

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
These cars are so AWESOME!! The pic you posted I like the best is
AMERICA WILL NOT FORGET SEPT-11-2001. What a awesome backdrop for this car. United we stand!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA and FORD.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Recaros really are great. They hug you and support you but were actually more comfortable than the base car's recaros to me.

dkbluedevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Good question - you don't have to sit straight up, but it does allow you to sit more upright, if you want. I have had lower back problems for a while, and all the bolstering (both around the rib cage, as well as my thighs) helps me keep a good posture and alleviates a lot of back stiffness and pain.

...no, I don't work for Ford Performance. :D
I have to agree with this. Back and hip problems here, and the seats keep me from leaning onto the console like I do in my Expedition and consequently makes my back feel much more relaxed, supported, and comfortable.

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
I concur with what Shelby r said. Great handling car. I drive it home in the rain from the Houston Autorama and it did just fine. I have 195 miles now and the recaro Are breaking in nicely.

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Ruben, congratulations and your car looks hot! I finally got my VIN and it should be built in late January. Thanks for your help. :cheers:
Sponsored