2016 s550 won’t start!

Uzeygos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yovanni
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Hey guys, I really don’t now much about mechanical related stuff. I need your help.
so I have a 2016 S550 roush supercharged everything has been perfect but until these last months.The first time the car didn’t start I changed the battery and cleaned of the terminals. And the car seemed to work fine. Everything normal. Then one day I wanted to start it and I just wouldn’t start. I cranked but I wouldn’t start. Threw a p1450 code. So New Years came by and I was waiting for Monday to haul it to the shop and see what was going on. On Monday morning I tried to start it and it did on the first try. I drove it around, turned it off/on and the car seemed fine. So I took it to the shop and they told me it could be something Electrical going on and that the p1450 code shouldn’t be an issue for the car to not start. So the next day I tried to start it again and nothing! It cranked but just that. Now the car is trowing a p06e9 code. I’ve done some research online and I found that could could mean the starter is broken. But the car does crank. What could it possibly be?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Uzeygos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yovanni
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Hey guys, I really don’t now much about mechanical related stuff. I need your help.
so I have a 2016 S550 roush supercharged everything has been perfect but until these last months.The first time the car didn’t start I changed the battery and cleaned of the terminals. And the car seemed to work fine. Everything normal. Then one day I wanted to start it and I just wouldn’t start. I cranked but I wouldn’t start. Threw a p1450 code. So New Years came by and I was waiting for Monday to haul it to the shop and see what was going on. On Monday morning I tried to start it and it did on the first try. I drove it around, turned it off/on and the car seemed fine. So I took it to the shop and they told me it could be something Electrical going on and that the p1450 code shouldn’t be an issue for the car to not start. So the next day I tried to start it again and nothing! It cranked but just that. Now the car is trowing a p06e9 code. I’ve done some research online and I found that could could mean the starter is broken. But the car does crank. What could it possibly be?
Also the car has been throwing the p0300 misfire code. But from what I’ve read rn on some posts, maybe a crank relearn will solve that issue? With that being said cookie that p0300 code possibly be why the car isn’t starting as well?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Also the car has been throwing the p0300 misfire code. But from what I’ve read rn on some posts, maybe a crank relearn will solve that issue? With that being said cookie that p0300 code possibly be why the car isn’t starting as well?
Sounds like you need to find a good mechanic.Might save you some time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

That P1450 is the most common S550 error related to the purge valve. When the valve gets stuck (internal operation), it's causing vacuum issues from fuel tank to engine.

Here's the link with a video showing the purge valve replacement.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...p0456-p1450-and-or-p144c.149710/#post-3106315

---

For the latter code that you think is related to the starter - check all of the harnesses going to/from the starter - check for corrosion, loose connections and lastly rodent damage... rodents love to chew through wiring on vehicles.

There's also been discussions of starter failures in the GT350 sub-forum on here. Internal failure which only fix at the movement is replacement of the starter.