2016 No Android Auto

Marc_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Any updates? Running into the same problem. I plan on ordering HU5Z-19A387-C to get Android Auto if that fixes it.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Any updates? Running into the same problem. I plan on ordering HU5Z-19A387-C to get Android Auto if that fixes it.
I have to admit, as a PC technician, I'm curious what's actually different between the three part numbers that could actually affect compatibility. USB is USB and the actual USB controller is likely on the other side of the cable in the APIM. Does that mean that prior revisions are a hub that's not wired to proper USB specification?

Marc_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Update: I installed the upgraded USB hub and still don't have android auto or Apple carp play. I do not have the option to enable Android auto on the Sync home.

I believe the problem might be that I went directly from Sync 1.0 to 3.0, without passing by V2.2.

Marc_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
So last month I bought a 2016 GT premium with Nav. When I got it, it was on the original software update so I decided to update it since I saw 2016s would get android auto. I updated it but still don't have it, no preferences button, looked through every setting, etc. I have also master reset and redid the update 4 times, still nothing popping up. I've read through the forums and have gotten no good advice, settings confirm I am on Sync 3.3.
Any help is appreciated
Cdeleo, were you able to get the problem fixed?

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Updates for 3.4 was only available through Ford on 19+ models. 16-18’s versioned out at 3.3. You can always go 3rd party to upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4.
https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/sync-3-automated-method-update-to-3-4/
That was going to be my suggestion. That's how I had to roll since my '15 was retrofitted with Sync3 by the previous owner but he only updated to 3.0. Also had to get ForScan and an ODB adapter to fix it since he never changed the AsBuilt data. LOL I didn't realize you needed a 19+ to get 3.4, though... Iiiiinteresting.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That was going to be my suggestion. That's how I had to roll since my '15 was retrofitted with Sync3 by the previous owner but he only updated to 3.0. Also had to get ForScan and an ODB adapter to fix it since he never changed the AsBuilt data. LOL I didn't realize you needed a 19+ to get 3.4, though... Iiiiinteresting.
They changed the APIM on the newer cars and Ford did not support the updates beyond 3.0. Cyanlabs was able to do a very successful workaround for that offering 3.4 to all Sync3 users.

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Update: I installed the upgraded USB hub and still don't have android auto or Apple carp play. I do not have the option to enable Android auto on the Sync home.

I believe the problem might be that I went directly from Sync 1.0 to 3.0, without passing by V2.2.
Can you use your phone as an Android Auto source in a different car to see if its not phone related?

Marc_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
This doesn’t matter. Just make sure you have the latest version (3.3) and build number.
I can only download version 3.0 from the ford website. I believe that V3.3 is only available for 2017+ models.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016