2016 Mustang GT Ticking issue

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
New pre-assembled cylinder block along with timing chain, tensioner, guide, boundary opg and crank going in. Block should be in tomorrow, opg and crank spline should be here Friday. Looking at an ETC of middle to late next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What is the link to create a case with Ford?
It can't be done online. Call 1 800 392 3673 hit options 1,5,5 then tell the rep you want to open a case for an issue you're having with the car.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
New pre-assembled cylinder block along with timing chain, tensioner, guide, boundary opg and crank going in. Block should be in tomorrow, opg and crank spline should be here Friday. Looking at an ETC of middle to late next week.
Awesome brother.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Block arrived today. Dealer has everything to begin tearing out the old engine. Service advisor mentioned something about "once ford approves the new engine" I clarified that he just means the short block and then that Ford hasn't approved the cylinder block yet but apparently the dealer feels so confident that they went ahead and ordered one.

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Went by the dealer today to drop off the parts I ordered. The service advisor said the engine is fully out and disassembled and so far the tech has not found anything wrong. They still plan on putting the short block in regardless. They think it may all be back together by Monday afternoon. The advisor said if this does not work we the issue they will order new heads as well.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The service advisor said the engine is fully out and disassembled and so far the tech has not found anything wrong.
Did the tech inspect and measure every one of the crankshaft and rod bearings, and the journals on the crankshaft?

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Went by the dealer today to drop off the parts I ordered. The service advisor said the engine is fully out and disassembled and so far the tech has not found anything wrong. They still plan on putting the short block in regardless. They think it may all be back together by Monday afternoon. The advisor said if this does not work we the issue they will order new heads as well.
Holy crap, did they not give you crap over aftermarket parts? I'm probably going to be in the same boat soon and would love to get them to install OPG and CS while they're at it.

Also, did you push for a long block and how much push back did you get? You'd think if the next step was heads that they would skip all the hassle and just give you a long block.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Holy crap, did they not give you crap over aftermarket parts? I'm probably going to be in the same boat soon and would love to get them to install OPG and CS while they're at it.

Also, did you push for a long block and how much push back did you get? You'd think if the next step was heads that they would skip all the hassle and just give you a long block.
I haven't pushed for it. Without them finding something wrong I don't really have a point to argue from. The aftermarket parts switch relatively easily but I am having to pay 100 for the opg gear to get installed.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
One more delay. The new cams came in yesterday. Service manager called and said should be ready next Wednesday. I have a F-150 ecoboost loaner so no problem. The F-150 ecoboost 10 speed is real peppy. If I was looking for a pickup it would be on my list.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Finally had a chance to get the tick on video. I feel as though it is getting worse. Switched to 93 octane today for the hell of it for the first time since i bought the car (may get power pack 2 once this gets resolved).

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Finally had a chance to get the tick on video. I feel as though it is getting worse. Switched to 93 octane today for the hell of it for the first time since i bought the car (may get power pack 2 once this gets resolved).

That is exactly what mine sounded like. No tick with cold start. Ticking starts at running temperatures around 185 degrees. The hotter the weather the more pronounced the tick. Started after an oil change. Only used Motorcraft full synthetic. Found metal shavings in the oil pan and now getting a short block and cams complements of FOMOCO. Not sure if tick is related to the shavings. Welcome to the Ford Barbeque Tick Club.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That is exactly what mine sounded like. No tick with cold start. Ticking starts at running temperatures around 185 degrees. The hotter the weather the more pronounced the tick. Started after an oil change. Only used Motorcraft full synthetic. Found metal shavings in the oil pan and now getting a short block and cams complements of FOMOCO. Not sure if tick is related to the shavings. Welcome to the Ford Barbeque Tick Club.
GREAT!!! Yea those are my exact symptoms. Hahahahaha. Keep us posted on if the noise goes away after the repair. I sure hope it does!
Sponsored