Sponsored

2016 Configurator Is Up.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I don't think it was like this before but... It now shows the R with electronics as having the leather steering wheel and GT shifter. What gives?
I don't think anyone actually took a pic of the inside of that car from the same angle as the stock GT premium so they use that picture instead. Configuration does the same thing for the 350 with tech package. It's annoying because I'd really like to see it as it would look.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They should have fixed this as a priority. I actually thought the 350 tech package came with the lesser steering wheel. That's ONE of the things that steered me away from ordering that config...ended up with an R.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Having owned several cars with a considerable amount of electronic gadgetry (most of which either didn't work terribly well, or I just didn't really use), and now with my Bullitt that has very little of that, it makes for a much more fun driving experience.

When I'm driving a car, if there are aspects missing or lacking that take away from the actual driving experience, I would be left wanting. If there were items missing that only made things more comfortable/convenient/etc., I wouldn't mind. So for my money, I'd go with the Track Pack!

Deep Impact Blue. The only question would be stripes, or no?

Here is my look at the tech pack and why I wouldn't shell out my money for it:
• MagneRide Damping System - Comes on the Track Pack
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs - Comes on the Track Pack
• Integrated Driver Control (IDC) System - Comes on the Track Pack
• 7 Speaker Audio System - Would never be listening to it anyways...
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 6-month prepaid subscription - Wouldn't use, Definitely wouldn't pay to subscribe to
• SYNC® 3 - Never used the touchscreen when I had MyTouch, wouldn't bother with this either
• 4-Way Adjustable Head Restraints - The Recaros are fixed, but just as effective when it counts
• 6-Way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar - Power seats add weight and complexity
• 6-Way Power Passenger Seat - Power seats add weight and complexity, and why do I care how comfortable my passenger is?
• Climate Controlled Front Seats - Again, added weight/complexity, would never use
• Leather-Trimmed Sport Seats with Seat Back Map Pockets - Recaros are fine by me
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) - The standard unit works just fine. I don't need to know exactly what temperature I've set the thing too. I just need it to be hot or cold when I ask it to.
• Turn Signal Mirrors - Don't care, more weight/complexity
• Universal Garage Door Opener - Don't care, more weight/complexity and these things never work anyways
• Voice-Activated Navigation System - My phone already does it.

Then looking at the Track Pack:
• MagneRide™ Damping System - Comes with both packages
• Integrated Driver Control System - Comes with both packages
• Raised Decklid Spoiler - Definitely like this spoiler better than the stock one
• Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace - Anything that will make the chassis stiffer is good in my book. I think these tend to add a negligible amount of additional stiffness at this point, with modern cars now already being amazingly stiff, but every bit helps.
• Engine Oil, Transmission and Differential Coolers - This is nothing but positive. Yes, there is some added weight/complexity, but their benefits will easily outweigh the cost.
• Heavy-duty Front Springs - Comes with both packages.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Agree with Bullitt2065... especially if you plan to track your car sooner or later. Plus personally to me, this new Shelby is primarily a high-performance machine not a luxo cruiser. Nothing bad against the amenities in the Tech Pack but since there is only a choice between one or the other, the benefits of the Track Pack weigh more in favor for me than the other package.

The most significant items for me (in addition to MagneRide which is paramount and it comes on both optional pkgs anyway) are all the coolers which is so key and the awesome Recaro seats.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Having owned several cars with a considerable amount of electronic gadgetry (most of which either didn't work terribly well, or I just didn't really use), and now with my Bullitt that has very little of that, it makes for a much more fun driving experience.

When I'm driving a car, if there are aspects missing or lacking that take away from the actual driving experience, I would be left wanting. If there were items missing that only made things more comfortable/convenient/etc., I wouldn't mind. So for my money, I'd go with the Track Pack!

• SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 6-month prepaid subscription - Wouldn't use, Definitely wouldn't pay to subscribe to
• SYNC® 3 - Never used the touchscreen when I had MyTouch, wouldn't bother with this either
• 4-Way Adjustable Head Restraints - The Recaros are fixed, but just as effective when it counts
• 6-Way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar - Power seats add weight and complexity
• 6-Way Power Passenger Seat - Power seats add weight and complexity, and why do I care how comfortable my passenger is?
• Climate Controlled Front Seats - Again, added weight/complexity, would never use
• Leather-Trimmed Sport Seats with Seat Back Map Pockets - Recaros are fine by me
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) - The standard unit works just fine. I don't need to know exactly what temperature I've set the thing too. I just need it to be hot or cold when I ask it to.
• Universal Garage Door Opener - Don't care, more weight/complexity and these things never work anyways

• Raised Decklid Spoiler - Definitely like this spoiler better than the stock one
• Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace - Anything that will make the chassis stiffer is good in my book. I think these tend to add a negligible amount of additional stiffness at this point, with modern cars now already being amazingly stiff, but every bit helps.
• Engine Oil, Transmission and Differential Coolers - This is nothing but positive. Yes, there is some added weight/complexity, but their benefits will easily outweigh the cost.
Sir, this is exactly my reasoning :cheers: With more electronics, weight, and options on current vehicles; I wanted to have as close to a "down to basics" car as I could. I want to be connected to my car. Sure, the perfect car for me would be a RR GT350R with only a basic A/C unit but the money just isn't there. Also considered a Base only model, but somehow I think ford developed this car to really take advantage of the MagneRide, but this is just my opinion.

Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sir, this is exactly my reasoning :cheers: With more electronics, weight, and options on current vehicles; I wanted to have as close to a "down to basics" car as I could. I want to be connected to my car. Sure, the perfect car for me would be a RR GT350R with only a basic A/C unit but the money just isn't there. Also considered a Base only model, but somehow I think ford developed this car to really take advantage of the MagneRide, but this is just my opinion.
Yea. My Bullitt is an 08 and while it's nowhere near the performance car a GT350 is, I really enjoy that there is very little to hinder the driving experience. It's a very pure driving experience. Yes, there is a radio and AC/heat, but there is no touch screen, nav system, blue tooth, Sync system, etc.

And while they're fun features, I also don't have anything like computer controlled line lock or launch control or multiple mode traction systems.

I have a V8 engine, three pedals to row my own gears, TC on or Off, a basic radio and AC system, and beyond that, not much. It really feels like the car is kind of the end of an era as I think it was 2010 when all of the Sync/touch screen stuff started making its way into Mustangs.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

I agree with you 100%. Which is why I'm getting the Tech pack. If I was going to be serious about tracking the car I'd go track or try it get an R. However, I have motorcycles for the track and prefer it to car racing. As far as a daily drive, which is what this will be, I have to go tech pack. + I like having leather over cloth and because I sweat more than the average human, cooled seats are a must. :cheers:

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete

You forgot to dump the elect. window lifts. Another thing to break & adds weight. Give those crank windows, any day. Back seat ? I'm not going to sit there. Lose them.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
i just cant look at that dash with all the damn buttons on it...i dont mind a tiny screen and all that, i mean who cares about the size of the screen? but that full keypad on the right of it and no toggles...and yknow having to dig through the menus using the steering wheel controls for the exhaust valve option, thats just not as fun. the coolers? are you really going to be using them? a few track days a year dont really add up to that for me. your right on the spoiler though. its just better looking. fact is if u get this car even the base, you gotta be happy with it and not really going to miss what you didnt option in.

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
In the configurator on the ford website. I see it doesn't add the gas guzz tax. Is this right. or is it gone.

Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
In the configurator on the ford website. I see it doesn't add the gas guzz tax. Is this right. or is it gone.
Its on my order, so I'm definitely paying it...$1300

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Of course I'd rather not pay it, but I always think the gas-guzzler tax adds an extra cool factor to the car. Our new cars are too much fun - government must punish you for daring to have that sort of fun in life!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Of course I'd rather not pay it, but I always think the gas-guzzler tax adds an extra cool factor to the car. Our new cars are too much fun - government must punish you for daring to have that sort of fun in life!
Guys...if there was not a Gas-guzzler tax on the GT350....then this car would have a 2nd-3rd gear lock out like the Z-28 you go from 1-4 gear. This sucks in Traffic...Also, You would not be able to hear the cool exhaust, and row the gears..plus the GT350 has the button to hear the exhaust, where the Z-28 you do not have this, you have to floor the car and get the RPM up to open the valves. I will take the Gas-guzzler tax any day for this..:cheers:

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Guys...if there was not a Gas-guzzler tax on the GT350....then this car would have a 2nd-3rd gear lock out like the Z-28 you go from 1-4 gear. This sucks in Traffic...Also, You would not be able to hear the cool exhaust, and row the gears..plus the GT350 has the button to hear the exhaust, where the Z-28 you do not have this, you have to floor the car and get the RPM up to open the valves. I will take the Gas-guzzler tax any day for this..:cheers:
My 2004 GTO has that awful 1-4 gear skip shift lock. Whoever at GM thinks that is acceptable for a performance car should have been fired a long time ago.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
A 5 min fuse pull keeps the valve open at all time, and most do this as the exhaust is heard from low rpms all the way up. As far as 1-4 all you have to do is rev the engine above 2500rpm before you shift and skips the 1-4. The 1-4 is for fuel mileage, and low rpm shifts, but is easy to work around. Also, the z28 also has the GG tax.

On a side note, I notice Fords web site shows the R gained 5 lbs, and is now listed at 3655lbs
Sponsored