Ford.com configurator

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I was just on ford.com looking at color combos (maybe thinking about selling my 16 for either a 17 or 18) and noticed that they don't have the leather seats offered any longer in the build your own. It's recaro's and electronics pack is a selectable option.

I know there was rumors of an outage of the seats. Have they removed them as an option for good?
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is what multiple folks have said, they ran out of the sofas or something along those lines

Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I have the "rare" sofa seats in my GT350. Really nice to hit the heat button on cold days. Not so sure about the cold button, though. Feels like I wet my pants! I also like the enhanced adjustability compared to the Recaros. Glad I made the choice of sofa seats before they became unavailable.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Sucks for some, I have a customer who ordered Conv package back in November and is just now being notified his car is coming with Recaro's. Needless to say he backed out of the order. Not exactly a good move to change mid-year on cars previously ordered with deposits :doh:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
The config sometimes glitches. I remember when I ordered my GT comp orange didn't appear on it for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
my bet ford has gotten too many complaints about the sofa seats. too narrow too tall, don't cool well in back section. they pulled for rest of the 2017 run something new will be in 2018's

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I'm older and really liked the leather seats in my 2016. The 2017 I traded for that my dealership found in a dealer trade just came in. I told them the only way I would do the deal at the price we agreed on was if they could find a new one with the convenience package. I went from blue black stripes to white blue stripes (color I originally liked) For me a win win. Color I wanted, has trans. and diff. coolers and the same exact interior as my 2016. I'm not concerned at all about the possibility they were having a problem with the leather heated/cooled seats. More than likely got a lot of Racaros to get rid of. If a problem arises that's what warranty is for. In the mean time I'll continue to enjoy my comfortable power heated/cooled seats.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I have leather seats in mine. I tried Recaros and didn't much like them. Maybe for the track and if my BMI wasn't ** they'd be great. But, I'll be on the street with this car more than the occasional track use.

My heirs may one day deem my "cushy" GT350 a collectors items with the "rare" leather seats. Won't matter to me, I'll be dead and my car will have piles of miles on it! I'll have run the pants off the car while my tush was babied in sofa seats.
Sponsored