Sponsored

2015 Mustang is the worst car for drive-in movies

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I'll stick to AMC where I don't have to restart the car 10 times in 2 hours and instead enjoy weird sticky floors, crying babies, and the asshole behind me who likes to provide commentary the whole entire movie :lol:
I hear ya.
The honey and I tend to stay home and watch Tivo'd flicks on the big ol' plasma Samsung I surprised him with last year, while KITT rests in the garage. :D
Sponsored

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
'72 Econoline van ... ugly shag carpet and all. Best drive in vehicle there was. ;)
:thumbsup:

Yup, I had a '69 Econoline as my first "car"...in the early 80's! Near the end of the van craze...I totally customized that thing.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
'72 Econoline van ... ugly shag carpet and all. Best drive in vehicle there was. ;)
Not positive, but I think a cool, slightly older cousin had one of these. I know someone came to the house in one of these. Shag was green.

We're giving away our age a bit here. ;)

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Drive ins are pretty common in MO and KS. They just built a brand new one not far from me with a HUGE HD screen.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Old school battery powered boom box. Porblem Solved- next!

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
I hear ya.
The honey and I tend to stay home and watch Tivo'd flicks on the big ol' plasma Samsung I surprised him with last year, while KITT rests in the garage. :D
Haha the wife and I will being joining that style soon once the house comes along next year! Only it'll be Netflix showing on either a big ol' Samsung 4K or projector screen! Depends if she wants to surprise me with a new TV or a car part :hail:

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I hear ya.
Same here. Wifey and I bought one of the last great plasmas - a ZT Panasonic. I can't stand LCD TV's - too much motion blur for me. Added a new Atmos Denon receiver and Paradigm speakers. Better than the theaters now. :D

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I didn't know drive-in movies still existed! I know there's none around these parts of Houston (or if there is, I've never heard of it or seen it like at all)
I'll stick to AMC where I don't have to restart the car 10 times in 2 hours and instead enjoy weird sticky floors, crying babies, and the asshole behind me who likes to provide commentary the whole entire movie :lol:
There is a drive-in in Northwest Houston near Tomball (on 2920). It is fun to take the kids to a drive in.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
Why aren't you outside on a blanket on the hood/truck of your car with a radio?

;)
and dent up that awesome hood of ours? :crazy::crazy:

Sponsored
OP
OP
filmamigo

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
Where else but the drive-in can you get pickle-on-a-stick? Or cheeseburgers wrapped in foil paper? You home-bodies are missing out! :cheers:

They even still play the old "Let's all go to the lobby" cartoon in between shows to advertise the popcorn and soda!

Definitely a whole experience. Makes going to the movies feel a little different. And in Canada ... a good way to celebrate warm summer evenings. We've got all winter to hibernate with our huge TVs.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
There is a drive-in in Northwest Houston near Tomball (on 2920). It is fun to take the kids to a drive in.
Ah, well now I know!
A tad out out of the way for me (I'm literally on the exact opposite side of H-Town from Tomball) but might be worth checking out

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
Where else but the drive-in can you get pickle-on-a-stick? Or cheeseburgers wrapped in foil paper? You home-bodies are missing out! :cheers:

They even still play the old "Let's all go to the lobby" cartoon in between shows to advertise the popcorn and soda!

Definitely a whole experience. Makes going to the movies feel a little different. And in Canada ... a good way to celebrate warm summer evenings. We've got all winter to hibernate with our huge TVs.
what is this thing you call "winter" :shrug:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I can solve all these first world problems... don't go to a drive in....:frusty::eyebulge:
1) "first world problems" are still problems.

The fact that we have gotten so good at many things through hard work and the benefits of freedom are why we, while not perfect and with plenty of issues of our own, are a guidepost to the rest of the world. It's s good thing. Not the other way around.

2) drive-ins are awesome. Better to have a solution that enables people to enjoy them instead of killing the joy altogether but not going. That's not a solution. It's a cop out. Which isn't the way the "first world" does things. And isn't how we got here to begin with.

Here endeth the lesson.

As far as a solution, I agree with the person who mentioned an fm radio for now.

It's not elegant but it's gets the job done.

Also, perhaps a letter to Ford corporate would go well.

As deeply rooted in American history and culture as the Mustang is, I can see them considering an override.