filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
[RESOLVED! THANKS ALL!]

OK, maybe this applies to all 2015 cars, whatever the make and model. But I had the worst time at a drive-in movie with my S550.

The problem is the combination of push-button start for the accessories, with a short "time-out", and nanny-like over-ride that prevents re-starting the accessories too many times. Result: the sound from the movie cuts out.

I understand this is a "niche" problem, but going to the drive-in is a cherished activity in North America. Especially when you have a nice flash new car.

So here's what happens in detail:

• press the Start button to get accessory power
  • tune your radio to the FM channel of the movie
  • enjoy GREAT sound as you enjoy a movie in your great car
  • after about 15 minutes watch for a little nanny timer to pop up in the centre gauge display, warning you that power will be GOING OFF really soon, click OK to continue
  • click OK to extend, but if you miss it, BOOM no sound, and you press Start again
  • after three or four extensions, the centre gauge warns you that POWER WILL BE TURNING OFF, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD and to prevent battery drainage. There is NO option to extend.
  • BOOM, no sound
  • press Start to try and re-start the accessories, and no joy -- it's still "saving you from yourself"
  • put the clutch in and press Start, to start the engine. Turn the radio back on. Press Start to kill the engine.
  • repeat until the end of the movie
  • curse your car every 15 minutes and as you are leaving, swear that your next Mustang will be a 1969 with a key.
SURELY somebody at Ford has taken their car to the drive-in movies. Surely somebody at Ford likes to go to the beach and listen to their stereo with the doors/trunk open. Surely I'm not the only one?

Can we get a "drive-in movie mode" on the radio? Preferably a firmware update I can apply to my current car? Suggestions anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Almost all new vehicles have accessory time outs to save the battery. My '13 f150 does it too.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I have been twice in mine...just take a radio next time and sit outside. The radio combined with everyone else's sound will be more than enough!

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
it took me awhile to figure it out to, im not sure how it'll work with the base interior but on the premium you can turn your car completely off (so no need to hit the start button for accesory mode) and there is a power button just for the radio. When starting the radio that way, it stayed on longer than 15 minutes.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I can solve all these first world problems... don't go to a drive in....:frusty::eyebulge:

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
couldn't resist

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My question, where the heck did you find a drive-in?

They're more or less extinct in MN.....

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
Man, the perils we go through owning Mustangs. Life is not easy for us.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
You.....

You have a drive-in movie in your town.... Now that's great, did you and your gal have a good time..... Ha! Thanks John :thumbsup:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
never been to one.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
i was also going to mention that on my premium, you can just turn the radio on by pressing the radio power button

ohmy350

Threads
Reaction score
My question, where the heck did you find a drive-in?

They're more or less extinct in MN.....

Valley Inn (or something like that- I can't remember the exact name). It's on I-94 just west of where I-94 and 95 intersect, about 4 miles west of Hudson. (East metro)

Be sure to bring enough "refreshments" and snacks. They show 3 movies. They'd probably start at about 9pm this time in July, so if you make all 3 you'll be there until after 2am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible, 50 Year Edition
I am so glad I checked into this thread.

I haven't seen a drive-in in So Cal in years, that is used for movies anyway, but I have this problem when I wash the car. From spray down to final touches takes around 2 hours and I have to get in and hit the power button several times.

Now that I know the "secret" about the radio power button, Gold!
Who would have thought that button would be hot w/the power off?

Cheers! :cheers: