Sponsored

2015 Mustang Interior Shows Paddle Shifters, Push Button Start, BLIS, C Pillar, etc.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
You think a Ford test driver is stupid enough to approve it without Ford directly or indirectly allowing these pics?

Doubt it. They must have been ready (and clearly willing) to show it off.
Yes, I do. I think people are trying to unofficially leak the product, and that's not what Ford wants. They've gone great lengths to hide the car thus far, and when someone lets a spy photographer take just about any interior picture they want, it was blatant. As others have said, take off the tin foil hat and let the conspiracy theories die.
Sponsored

Melino

Really disappointed that they are still using all that damn cheap plastic on the interior. I'm ripping mine out day 1 and will make carbon fiber replacement pieces :)
Plastic looks to be higher quality to me at least. It doesn't have the popcorn ceiling looking plastic.

Anyway were you really expecting leather (or CF) trim everywhere in a Mustang? all this extra tech goodies not gonna be cheap as it is....

Carbon Driven

Carbon Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarbonDriven.com
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP Ruby Red
Not necessarily cf or leather but at least something other than grey plastic. Maybe like the Bullitt IUP or some other nice looking material

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
One thing I noticed, they didn't choose to put a speaker in the rear seat trim area, like the current convertibles have. Also, there were no markings of stereo, whether it be Sony, Shaker, or otherwise. Realizing this is a prototype, and many of the finishes are not final, that may be why. I'm wondering if we'll see a Sony stereo option with MFT in the premium models?

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Yes, I do. I think people are trying to unofficially leak the product, and that's not what Ford wants. They've gone great lengths to hide the car thus far, and when someone lets a spy photographer take just about any interior picture they want, it was blatant. As others have said, take off the tin foil hat and let the conspiracy theories die.
This isn't a conspiracy theory. This is about how likely it is a Ford test driver who isn't just some guy who works at a supplier or snaps a photo in secret, actually letting a spy photographer take pics that he knows will end up all over the internet with his legs in the shot of all things. He would have to have a donkey's IQ to not realize Ford will be able to trace it back to him.

No conspiracy theories, I just give the driver (and Ford's vetting process for these drivers) a little more credit. It is not just his job he stands to lose. No doubt he signed an NDA and could face much worse punishment than lack of income.

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
This isn't a conspiracy theory. This is about how likely it is a Ford test driver who isn't just some guy who works at a supplier or snaps a photo in secret, actually letting a spy photographer take pics that he knows will end up all over the internet with his legs in the shot of all things. He would have to have a donkey's IQ to not realize Ford will be able to trace it back to him.

No conspiracy theories, I just give the driver (and Ford's vetting process for these drivers) a little more credit. It is not just his job he stands to lose. No doubt he signed an NDA and could face much worse punishment than lack of income.
I believe (don't quote me 100%) that Ford also contracts out drivers from various places. This may be one of them. Notice in the pics the body was blurred from the pictures. I do agree that anyone working at Ford probably enjoys their job enough to know better than giving a spy photographer all access to take pics. Then again, those spy photographers are a ruthless bunch.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Is it just me or do these buttons look 3D printed? Notice the rough overall appearance of the center section and toggle switches. To me it looks like they are prototype parts made on a 3D printer just like the shifter in this vehicle.
10038150396_c6430a9345_o.jpg

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
One thing I noticed, they didn't choose to put a speaker in the rear seat trim area, like the current convertibles have. Also, there were no markings of stereo, whether it be Sony, Shaker, or otherwise. Realizing this is a prototype, and many of the finishes are not final, that may be why. I'm wondering if we'll see a Sony stereo option with MFT in the premium models?
:).

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
Why should Ford waste money paying Sony a royalty to use their name? Just make it a Ford radio, or bring back the name Philco, one of the major names in Radio from the early days of consumer radios (I'm currently restoring their top of the line model for 1938, a 38-690). Ford bought Philco after they floundered by trying to get into home appliances (refrigerators, stoves, etc.).

By the way, additive manufacturing [3D printing] can make very smooth parts, when desired. I've been working with the Rapidtech people at UC Irvine on reproducing parts for old radios. The parts on that car do look far from production, maybe because Ford just recently decided to bring back knobs.

Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm liking it a lot. The new Mustang is looking like its moving to the top of my list for next car.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I believe (don't quote me 100%) that Ford also contracts out drivers from various places. This may be one of them. Notice in the pics the body was blurred from the pictures. I do agree that anyone working at Ford probably enjoys their job enough to know better than giving a spy photographer all access to take pics. Then again, those spy photographers are a ruthless bunch.
I had a friend in college who was a subcontracted test driver for Ford. I also had a roommate who's father was an advanced powertrain engineer who drove around in a 93 notch with a dohc 4.6 for quite awhile before the 96 cobra was out (at least 2 years). I'm pretty sure they are not handing over s550 testing duties to unscrupulous subcontractors and at the same time what we see can be far from production spec, even at this stage.
This means they can give us junkies a few bits, yet still surprise us at launch.
I'm not saying I believe anything one way or another, but that is the reality.

The only new car launch I've been this excited about was the FGT. This is worse because the details are so fuzzy. I am just glad this time we're not getting a radical amazing mustang concept only to end up with an incredibly watered down production car. I detest when MFG's do that.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the radio is set to Blaze Radio News? They are listening to Glenn Beck? lol That's funny.

Mriley

Then why bother hiding any of the interior at all? They could have easily flipped up the instrument cluster since it's not taped or velcroed. Could have shown the shift knob and rear seats too. Just seems a bit controlled/selective to me, but who knows.
Sponsored