2015 Mustang GT PP vs. 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
And that's why you don't order the PP or 1LE. If streetability is your concern, then forgo the performance packages all together....
I don't think any reviewers or initial owners are complaining about the streetability of the GT PP, and as I already noted, the PP will be standard equipment around the world.

Maybe we need a couple new terms like 'street performance package' like in the Mustang GT PP, the BOSS 302, and the Camaro SS FE4, and 'track performance package' like in the BOSS 302 LS, GT350, and Camaro 1LE and Z28.
Sponsored

NRMStand

Perhaps it's not as much a disappointment as being annoyed with Ford for ignoring such obvious competition as the Camaro.
I don't think they ignored it tho and I doubt they were shocked by the result. They had to have known it would lose to the 1LE on the track. I just think like it or not they realized that beating the Boss 302 while spending the money making the car much more modern (inside and out) was the way to go for the first year of the platform instead of pumping all of it into making a true track focused PP just to take down its niche competitor. I'm sure we'll see that change further down the line as the S550 grows into itself.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I don't think any reviewers or initial owners are complaining about the streetability of the GT PP, and as I already noted, the PP will be standard equipment around the world.

Maybe we need a couple new terms like 'street performance package' like in the Mustang GT PP, the BOSS 302, and the Camaro SS FE4, and 'track performance package' like in the BOSS 302 LS, GT350, and Camaro 1LE and Z28.
I'd agree with this. The GT PP isn't meant to be in the 1LE's category. Some wish it were, it's just not. The PP seems to be still be very capable for daily driving and is a pretty smooth ride while still holding it's own on twisty back roads.

I'd expect a more comparable Mustang will be out in the next year or two that will give the 1LE a run for it's money. They'll likely have similar sales figures too.

Still looking forward to my car showing up, and I know it's going to be everything I want it to be.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'd agree with this. The GT PP isn't meant to be in the 1LE's category. Some wish it were, it's just not. The PP seems to be still be very capable for daily driving and is a pretty smooth ride while still holding it's own on twisty back roads.

I'd expect a more comparable Mustang will be out in the next year or two that will give the 1LE a run for it's money. They'll likely have similar sales figures too.

Still looking forward to my car showing up, and I know it's going to be everything I want it to be.
This! After driving the ZL1, I will be sticking with my Mustang order. Suspension and power is nice but don't like the look and interior of the car. I can add the SC, suspension and wheels/tires to my GT PP and be happier :).

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
I don't think they ignored it tho and I doubt they were shocked by the result. They had to have known it would lose to the 1LE on the track. I just think like it or not they realized that beating the Boss 302 while spending the money making the car much more modern (inside and out) was the way to go for the first year of the platform instead of pumping all of it into making a true track focused PP just to take down its niche competitor. I'm sure we'll see that change further down the line as the S550 grows into itself.
:amen:

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB

Sounds reasonable. But when the PP is all you're bringing to the table, be prepared for unfair comparisons.

It's like the SS vs. GT500 thing Motor Trend did a few years back. Chevy boys were crying foul, and rightfully so. Sounds like MT likes to create controversy to get us fans riled up. :ford:

juzef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
curretly a 2014 CRV :(
15 GT Vs E92 M3 ? Here's 1LE Vs E92 M3..

I'm interested to see how the 15 Mustang GT w PP fares against an E92 M3, the target to beat according to Mustang's chief designers..

Although reviews are rare, it is already known how the 1LE compares to the E92:

:eyebulge:
2011M3Vs2014SS1LE.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The previous gen Mustangt with the TP was about dead even with the E92 M3 and the new GT is 1.5 seconds faster that the previous gen with TP.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Figured as much, no increase in straight line acceleration and still can't match what Chevy put out nearly 3 years ago. Ford definitely laid an egg here. Hopefully they'll do some improvements for 2016, because if Chevy's past track record is any indication they're certainly going to move the bar up even higher.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
See what you people are completely being oblivious to.

GT/PP VS 1LE DRAG= MUSTANG WIN

GT PP VS 1LE TRACK = CAMARO WIN

GT/PP VS 1LE COMFORT/QUALITY = MUSTANG WIN

GT PP VS SRT8 DRAG = SRT8 WIN

GT/PP VS SRT8 TRACK = MUSTANG WIN

GT/PP VS SRT8 COMFORT/QUALITY = TOSS UP

(Challenger SRT8 not Hellcat)

It can't be perfect without making a sacrifice somewhere. The main fact is they all have Wins/Fails. It's fact that the 15 is superior to the 14. Those of you making a big deal over one section vs the competition are using this as an excuse to whine YES WHINE because that's what it is. Make an excuse and say "we expected more and the rest are just sheeple that Ford targets" some people really need to take a breath.
New platform, old benchmarks? Sorry the Mustang in any given price range should have beaten ALL the old benchmarks. I wish the crash test get in before my Mustang will. Hats off to Chevy, and Dodge but I still want the Mustang.

Thank you,

DeColores

Sponsored

BobDigi5060

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the track pack never topped the 1LE in any review I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.