2015 Mustang Engine Lineup and Power Figures Revealed by Ford Survey

OP
OP

pvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6, 2014 Focus ST
29 mpg for the stick, and 31 for the automatic V6 now if I'm not mistaken.
Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The big options are the gtdi and gt performance package.

Does that mean direct injection is an option and of course the gt perf is likely the brembo package

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That looks very plausible in terms of what the next-generation Mustang will offer. I love how they changed the engine displacement sizes +/- 0.1 liters to throw people off, haha.

Twin Turbo, yes, Ford and GM are currently collaborating on 10-speed transmissions for their respective RWD applications (and 9-speed transmissions for both companies' front wheel drive vehicles).
6 speed auto is the 6r.

Thanks gents. No doubt the 10speed will improve economy and co2 ratings.

I'll be a pity if the V6 is detuned, but perhaps they've done that to prove the 4-cylinder isn't the base engine?

MARZ

Threads
Reaction score
The big options are the gtdi and gt performance package.

Does that mean direct injection is an option and of course the gt perf is likely the brembo package
I hope the GT Performance Package is a bit more comprehensive than just a brake upgrade. Like the 2013-14 GT PP, I expect different rear end gearing, a more substantial radiator, an oil cooler and, hey, maybe we'll see the implementation of brake cooling ducts and upgraded brake lines? Who knows...

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I hope the GT Performance Package is a bit more comprehensive than just a brake upgrade. Like the 2013-14 GT PP, I expect different rear end gearing, a more substantial radiator, an oil cooler and, hey, maybe we'll see the implementation of brake cooling ducts and upgraded brake lines? Who knows...
Was too lazy to type all that in

Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I am hoping for some sort of simple visual cue to differentiate the track pack, like hood vents or maybe different hood venting or fender vents if the base GT has hood vents. Maybe a slightly different splitter or exhaust tips. Something subtle but easy to spot for the people who know what they are looking for. I'm not holding my breath though.
Edit: besides wheels obviously.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am hoping for some sort of simple visual cue to differentiate the track pack, like hood vents or maybe different hood venting or fender vents if the base GT has hood vents. Maybe a slightly different splitter or exhaust tips. Something subtle but easy to spot for the people who know what they are looking for. I'm not holding my breath though.
Edit: besides wheels obviously.
That would be nice. Overall more differentiation between models would be nice. It's not a popular opinion with a lot of people because they want the coolest looking thing their money can buy, but it should be easier to spot a V6 from a GT and a GT from the tier above it.

Reading through this list is really exciting. I really wanted to see a HUD make its way into this car. The engine performance package (note engine) is interesting. Cell phone remote access is awesome. 7 speed transmission, I wonder if it would be found in just the top tier car or if the GT could get it? A curiosity to me is a spoiler option. Judging by renders there doesn't seem to be a lot of ways I can see a spoiler being implemented and looking good, but we'll see.

I suppose a 10 hp increase in the 5.0 is not bad. I'm still hoping for DI. Weight is still a concern as well.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Unless Ford are reducing the 5.0 Coyote to 4.9L, or the figures are deliberately obfuscated, this is not a Ford or Mustang.

Sponsored

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
I'm pretty sure the figures are intentionally skewed.

That said, I just "priced out a Turbo 4 at $30k with the Turbo 4 performance package, cloth Recaro seats and a HUD. Don't remember the "other options" but, I'm game! ;) $30k is a bit on the steep side, was hoping for like $27k-$28k.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Wonder what they mean by 10R automatic transmission? 10 ratio?

They refer to the other as 6 speed automatic transmission, so why the different description?

Also.....7 speed manual as well as a 6 speed? Hmmm.
The first number is always the number of gears...example 6r80 is a 6 speed, 4r70 is a 4 speed. The r stands for rear wheel drive, just like the f (4f27) stands for front wheel drive. The last numbers refer to torque... example 6r80 would be a 6 speed rear wheel drive vehicle and the 80 would be 800 ft lbs of torque.

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wow, I think you're bang on the money. If that's not referring to S550 I'll be surprised.

Be interesting to see if those specs hold true for production

I4 - 310bhp
V6 - 300 (decrease of 5?)
V8 - 430 bhp (increase of 10?)
These numbers are basically spot on.

J.Darcy

This was a great find and I think it's very believable that this is what we see. Also noticed the base price listed as 24k. That's about what I was expecting for a stock V6... actually a little higher, but I think it lines up with the redesign increases in the past. Hope so... those 10% price hike rumors had me worried.
Sponsored