Sponsored

2015 Mustang Engine Lineup and Power Figures Revealed by Ford Survey

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
tbh, I am very disappointed with those engine specs. I hope those power ratings are understated, by a lot.
Sponsored

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Kudos for choosing the over the top stripes, you are pretty much telling them that you clearly know this survey is about the mustang. In way.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
302 converts to 4.9L.
4.94 to be more exact. Either way the 5.0 fits the bill pretty good. What I want to see make a comeback is a 7.0 liter 2015 Boss 429 as the top dog to trash the current Z28, but I also want a twin turbo SVT Cobra. Is it so wrong to ask for both? :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The first number is always the number of gears...example 6r80 is a 6 speed, 4r70 is a 4 speed. The r stands for rear wheel drive, just like the f (4f27) stands for front wheel drive. The last numbers refer to torque... example 6r80 would be a 6 speed rear wheel drive vehicle and the 80 would be 800 ft lbs of torque.

Thank you :thumbsup:

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Is having direct injection better for tuning or harder? Especially on a turbo car.

Sponsored

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
The engine choice prices seem way off to me.

Currently V6 -> GT = ~$9k. This survey shows < $2k. Add in the turbo-4 which gets better gas mileage, more hp, more tq for $500 -- who wouldn't say no to that?

It is good to see the glass roof on the list though -- I hope that makes it to the options list. And it looks like the starting price of < $24k should be expected as well.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
4.94 to be more exact. Either way the 5.0 fits the bill pretty good. What I want to see make a comeback is a 7.0 liter 2015 Boss 429 as the top dog to trash the current Z28, but I also want a twin turbo SVT Cobra. Is it so wrong to ask for both? :D
600 hp NA DOHC Boss 429 sounds nice..

GTsquid

The engine choice prices seem way off to me.

Currently V6 -> GT = ~$9k. This survey shows < $2k. Add in the turbo-4 which gets better gas mileage, more hp, more tq for $500 -- who wouldn't say no to that?

It is good to see the glass roof on the list though -- I hope that makes it to the options list. And it looks like the starting price of < $24k should be expected as well.
This is the first thing that seemed really off to me too. Not so much the I4 pricing but the GT only $1890 above the base price? Impossible. If anything I was expecting them to increase that price difference by increasing the GT pricing substantially with some new features and tech as standard but keeping the base feature set and pricing nearly the same.

To me this whole survey seems like they are trying to decide what to make standard and what to make an option. I can't see it being only a $1890 difference but maybe the GT will come fairly barebones and most of the stuff that's listed will be optional. That could explain the halogen/HID thing too. Offer more stripped down trims that can be optioned as everyone sees fit. I'd love this approach.

It also seems like they are gauging whether there is a market for an even cheaper base model with very little standard features by asking whether people would use the money savings on additional features or just pocket the savings. If most would pocket the savings it might indicate to them that there is a market for it.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I don't care about base packages,I'm looking for the top package info!LOL
I agree only interest in what ever svt offers, but it would be good to know if the GTDI package is direct injection for the coyote and what power bump it gets, I would expect more than 10 to justify price and slightly more than the current boss, so let's say the 450 hp rumored. The becomes a starting point for the gt 350 and other SE's

Sponsored

Fazm

Threads
Reaction score
The new engine is 4.951 which rounds to 5.0 unlike the old 5.0 that was 4.94

crazyfastfreddy

10hp bump that's it? i hope this means it's lighter. if not, is suspension and handling that much improved that they can get away with basically doing in terms of powertrain? i thought this thing was supposed to be a M4 rival.

Fazm

Threads
Reaction score
10hp bump that's it? i hope this means it's lighter. if not, is suspension and handling that much improved that they can get away with basically doing in terms of powertrain? i thought this thing was supposed to be a M4 rival.
It's very possible that since they skewed the displacement that maybe the power numbers are skewed as well

OP
OP

pvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6, 2014 Focus ST
There were a lot of questions that focused on options desired and price-sensitivity to those options. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else who took the survey got different numbers.

aardvark

Add in the turbo-4 which gets better gas mileage, more hp, more tq for $500 -- who wouldn't say no to that?
Assuming you meant 'would' rather than 'wouldn't,' my answer would be: 'Drive them first.' A turbo 4 could look great on paper but have a fair amount of lag or be very noisy, etc.

Also, the relative importance of the gas mileage depends on how long your commute is. Living in a big city, I only drive about 5K miles per year. 10% better fuel economy means saving $100 per year... big freakin' deal.

As such, I could imagine myself choosing the V6 over the turbo 4, but, again, I'd like to drive both first.
Sponsored