Sponsored

2015 EB 6mt vs Golf GTI

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Time slips and car pics would be a nice addition here
Who saves slips from cars they sold? I sure don't. They go with the car if they aren't faded to piss. If not, I pitch them. No pictures, pictures were on my previous computer that crashed. Even if I had them what purpose does that serve? E cred? getting from approval from others? Not this guy. too old care what others think.
Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
yes im a clown because ive been doing this for 25 years and have had multiple 8-9 second cars.
No, that's not why you are a clown. For starters you apparently know nothing about basic statistics or putting anything into it's context. And you are just plain unreasonable.

Even if I owned an 8 second car, I would not call an 11, 12 or even 13 second DD street car "slow." That's just being a jackass. Now if they entered a street outlaw competition, that would obviously be different.

You have to put things into perspective, and consider the class, application & purpose of the vehicle, and the extent of the mods, if any.

In the case of the Golf R, this is a practical, comfortable daily driver, with good MPG and great cargo space, and can easily be driven in all weather.

You want to compare that vehicle, relative to acceleration, in the same context as your 8-second cars?? That's just plain silly. Lets see how your 8 second car does hauling stuff, or better yet in the snow. I guess your car would be slow as shit then, huh? :lol:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
No, that's not why you are a clown. For starters you apparently know nothing about basic statistics or putting anything into it's context. And you are just plain unreasonable.

Even if I owned an 8 second car, I would not call an 11, 12 or even 13 second DD street car "slow." That's just being a jackass. Now if they entered a street outlaw competition, that would obviously be different.

You have to put things into perspective, and consider the class, application & purpose of the vehicle, and the extent of the mods, if any.

In the case of the Golf R, this is a practical, comfortable daily driver, with good MPG and great cargo space, and can easily be driven in all weather.

You want to compare that vehicle, relative to acceleration, in the same context as your 8-second cars?? That's just plain silly. Lets see how your 8 second car does hauling stuff, or better yet in the snow. I guess your car would be slow as shit then, huh? :lol:
Oh so im a clown because I enjoy drag racing. Okay. That's you, I find all those slow. I prefer 8-9 second street cars. That's my preference, not yours. Most people that have had multiple cars like what I enjoy find 10 second or slower, are painfully slow. If you think im so horrible, then the people on yellowbullet forums must be INSANE because unless you run 7s or better, they think its slow.

I don't think they are wrong for feeling that way. Which you seem to think im wrong for my thoughts. Its your problem that you haven't owned real fast cars to have a concept of what real power is. If its not your thing that's fine, 10s and higher are fast to you. To avid serious drag racers, its slow as shit. Deal with it. I don't give a damn about class, perspective or anything. Slow is slow. You are entitled to feel your way about it.

If you like the golf so much, why don't you buy one of those unreliable german cars?

My cars aren't trucks, I don't "haul" anything in them because they are weekend cars for me. if I wanted to put groceries in the trunk I can. My cars all still retain ac too. Some of them I keep the backseat, sometimes I don't. people could have sat in the back on some of those cars or all of them if I chose to leave the seat. I guess you think all 8-9 second cars are gutted to piss. Who cares what it does in snow? I have sti's as daily drivers. I couldn't careless what my weekend warrior does in snow. Im sure I could put the stock wheels back on any of them and put winters on them and itd do fine. I guess you picture cars with hoods cut for blowers and stupid wide tires, or holes cut in bumpers or fenders for exhaust venting. I doubt any of my cars fit your bill of what you think a 8-9 second car looks like. They looked fairly stock outside other then the 10.5 slicks.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
To avid serious drag racers, its slow as shit.
This is the main point that you are so miserably failing to grasp. Not everyone...in fact MOST everyone...is NOT a serious avid hardcore drag racer. This isn't yellowbullet, and we don't exclusively talk about Street outlaw cars here.

As someone already said, a 10 second car on the street is already stupid fast. Unless you live somewhere with perfect roads and almost no traffic, you can rarely use that power, if being at all responsible and sane. And heck, you only need a 12-13 second car on the street to be faster then most everything around you most of the time.

You are completely unable to put things into perspective and instead prefer to take a Billy Badass approach, frowning down upon/insulting everything that doesn't reach the pinnacle of speed you and your yellowbullet posse have achieved.

Anyone can play this silly, senseless ego game...

All your cars are slow as shit because a Thrust SSC exists

All Body Builders are weak as shit because Strong Men exist.

etc etc...
Sponsored

Last edited: