Sponsored

2015 and newer back window replacement

PZJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I recently had my rear convertible top window shatter. I wanted to see if anyone has replaced just the window or does the entire top have to be replaced? Seems like the window is integrated in the main part of the top.
Also, has anyone had their window shatter? Not sure how this happened.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I cannot say for sure, but I suspect that is a replacement. I am not sure how you would go about removing and replacing the window with the top on the car but a top shop should be able to tell you. And you are the first I’ve heard who had a window shatter. Did someone sit on the top while it was down? As in “parade” mode? They are not designed to sit on.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
When I had my top replaced they were able to reuse the rear window. It's not easy or cheap, but it can be done. Good luck.

OP
OP

PZJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I cannot say for sure, but I suspect that is a replacement. I am not sure how you would go about removing and replacing the window with the top on the car but a top shop should be able to tell you. And you are the first I’ve heard who had a window shatter. Did someone sit on the top while it was down? As in “parade” mode? They are not designed to sit on.
No. I do not believe so. It looks like it is pushed out and not in. They are saying the entire top needs replacement.

OP
OP

PZJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
When I had my top replaced they were able to reuse the rear window. It's not easy or cheap, but it can be done. Good luck.
What year is your car? When did you have it replaced.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
2017 and it was replaced in Nov-Dec of 19 under warranty.

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My MY20 back window leaked water through to interior so dealer first tried to have glass replaced/resealed. Even though the glass itself is supposedly a Ford spare part, the dealer could not find any glass repairer in Melbourne, Australia who would attempt the replacement, for fear of damaging the soft top itself (and therefore liable for that damage). Ford therefore authorised the warranty repair as a full soft top replacement.
Sponsored