Sponsored

2015-2017 Ford Performance active exhaust - default to quiet mode

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Hi All.

Posting a tutorial for those that purchased the Ford Performance by Borla active exhaust system with the GT350 valance.

If you have this system, you know that when you start the car, the exhaust defaults to open valves (loud mode). This didn't make much sense to me, so I did some testing on the control module and found an easy way to default to quiet mode on startup.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Great useful video thanks. Maybe you could do a video demonstrating a cold start with these and do some exhaust sound videos? I have a kind of similar setup but with QTP cutouts and wireless controller with stock mufflers.

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great useful video thanks. Maybe you could do a video demonstrating a cold start with these and do some exhaust sound videos? I have a kind of similar setup but with QTP cutouts and wireless controller with stock mufflers.
Yeah, I'll try to do a couple videos with a cold start, revving, switching modes, etc.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Awesome video bud, any chance you you upload a vid with some sound clips? Looking at getting this setup, currently got a Borla S but prefer this look of this with the valance. I really want to be able to kill the sound when Iā€™m leaving at 6am so keen to see how much of a difference the ā€˜valve closedā€™ position makes, I have no doubt it will sound awesome when open.

Also, have you seen anywhere that you can buy this exhaust without the valance? I can get a valance on its own pretty cheap.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Nice video. I always push the power on to close then I start the car. I am going to have to do this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome video bud, any chance you you upload a vid with some sound clips? Looking at getting this setup, currently got a Borla S but prefer this look of this with the valance. I really want to be able to kill the sound when Iā€™m leaving at 6am so keen to see how much of a difference the ā€˜valve closedā€™ position makes, I have no doubt it will sound awesome when open.

Also, have you seen anywhere that you can buy this exhaust without the valance? I can get a valance on its own pretty cheap.
Unfortunately, no I don't have any vids, but another member posted this, which really helped me make my decision. The difference between quiet and loud is significant. I'm very happy with my decision and I use the 2 different modes all the time.

As for buying it without the valance - I don't think its available like that.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, no I don't have any vids, but another member posted this, which really helped me make my decision. The difference between quiet and loud is significant. I'm very happy with my decision and I use the 2 different modes all the time.

As for buying it without the valance - I don't think its available like that.
Thanks for sharing the video mate. Think Iā€™lll just go for it
Sponsored