Sponsored

Active Exhaust Popping out of Quiet Mode?

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey guys.

Just installed a digital dash on my 301A GT that has active exhaust. It’s an incredible upgrade btw - works flawlessly.

Since I installed the digital dash, for some reason my active exhaust won’t stay in quiet mode. Maybe it’s a coincidence that it’s acting up after the upgrade ?

I put the cars ignition into ON mode. Put the exhaust mode into quiet, for a quiet start (pony button, exhaust mode, quiet mode). I hear the valve shut on the exhaust, like it’s done for the last 2 years. So the car is definitely in quite mode. I then start the car and the exhaust mode is in quiet for a millisecond and quiet… then pops back into normal mode is loud. I watch the mode selection jump from quiet to normal on screen on its own. I’ve tried to let it sit in quiet mode for a few seconds prior to firing it up and doesn’t matter. I can then select quiet mode again after started and it will stay put in quiet mode for as long as I want it that way.

I have a Steeda H Pipe on the car, but it’s been on for 4000km and never had an issue.

Anyone expedience this?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think the only way to truly start the car in quiet mode is to set it using quiet time - I think everything else just defaults to normal ?

WD :like: