OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I am not sure about that... What they say on the product description is "The unique design of this fog light halo ring makes it water proof and it simply adheres to the lens of your existing fog light. You won't need to open the fog light assembly up to install this halo kit".

The (contradicting) info that you need to open up the fog light maybe a carry-over information that came from copying-pasting the description of the LED Headlight Halo Kit by Oracle (see link: http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/or6.html).

I sent them an email about that and will let you know when they reply.
Without opening the lights, no chance to have them looking nice enough. Glued in front of the light will look weird and the wires will be really visible ...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I agree. Let's see what they say...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
John one question. Once installed, I will have the tribars and the switchbacks light up simultaneously, like you did. Of course the fog lights will not function as DRLs any more.

However, I am looking for a pair of fog light led bulbs to replace the factory ones, so that when I decide to turn on the fog lights I will have a bright white color instead of the ugly yellowish one. According to the first page of this thread, it seems that I should go with the fog light LEDs from DD. Which color would you sugest, the pure or the cool white? Is any other supplier for the fog light led bulbs that you know of? I cannot imagine that DD is the only supplier?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John one question. Once installed, I will have the tribars and the switchbacks light up simultaneously, like you did. Of course the fog lights will not function as DRLs any more.

However, I am looking for a pair of fog light led bulbs to replace the factory ones, so that when I decide to turn on the fog lights I will have a bright white color instead of the ugly yellowish one. According to the first page of this thread, it seems that I should go with the fog light LEDs from DD. Which color would you sugest, the pure or the cool white? Is any other supplier for the fog light led bulbs that you know of? I cannot imagine that DD is the only supplier?
You can find plenty of LED bulbs on Ebay. You need to look at H8/H11 LED bulbs.

As far as I know, not all the H8/H11 are compatible with our cars (lenght, width,...).

If I can suggest you something, don't look to change the bulb but change the entire fog lights to have something really nice.

With this lights : https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-housings/fog-lights/ford-3-morimoto-xb-led.html
You will have around 1200 lumens for each light, the same output as DD's LED bulb. But you'll totally loose the DRL feature if it's what you are looking for.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John. Or I can just install the DD led bulbs and disconnect the DRL function from the fog lights I guess.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John. Or I can just install the DD led bulbs and disconnect the DRL function from the fog lights I guess.
Yes that's also true. But for me, and it's really just my opinion, spending over 120$ for only a LED Bulb it's way to expensive...

But to each their own :D

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You are right! Unless I can find something that fits my car on ebay or locally.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Cheers mate! :cheers:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You don't need to buy two led bulbs from DD from overseas.. as John said those are common H8 bulbs.. search on ebay\google some vendors in europe\china :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes Stefano, I found that out. Actually there is a lot of stuff on ebay! I just did not know the type of bulbes that I had to look for :headbonk:

Thank you guys.
Sponsored