Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Moostang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, has anyone had any issues with the dealer never hearing of the powerpacks? I called a dealer near me who is a pretty big dealership, and asked to get a quote and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. I offered a part number and all, and they just seemed like they've never heard of it. A tech then said "yea I did one like that like 3 weeks ago, but it didn't have info on the Pro-cal tune, so we didn't try it cause I didn't wanna brick my laptop or the guys car?" so he said he refused to do it. I let him know this is the whole purpose of having the dealer do it, so I keep warranty. He said the kit needs to have clear instructions.
Does the one from Levittown have this in the kit? Also is this normal at all or should I stay far away? Issue is the next dealer is at least an hour away.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Under Configurations...should you set octane adjust to Yes? Will this have any effect on performance?
Turn octane adjust on if you have ping/detenation. It retards timing a bit, so yes effects performance negatively.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, has anyone had any issues with the dealer never hearing of the powerpacks? I called a dealer near me who is a pretty big dealership, and asked to get a quote and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. I offered a part number and all, and they just seemed like they've never heard of it. A tech then said "yea I did one like that like 3 weeks ago, but it didn't have info on the Pro-cal tune, so we didn't try it cause I didn't wanna brick my laptop or the guys car?" so he said he refused to do it. I let him know this is the whole purpose of having the dealer do it, so I keep warranty. He said the kit needs to have clear instructions.
Does the one from Levittown have this in the kit? Also is this normal at all or should I stay far away? Issue is the next dealer is at least an hour away.
Some dealers just don't want to do it. Have to call around, better to find a dealer with people familiar with procal/performance upgrades.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
The PP2 does have instructions for the install of the physical parts. The voucher (yellow paper) contains some short instructions of how to get the procal software. It then says follow-the onscreen instructions when downloading. From that point on not sure how detail the instructions are as I haven't gotten to that part. Maybe someone else can chime in.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Stay away!!!! Find a good dealer if you don't do it yourself.

Ace302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
Same thing here. I have called several dealers in my area and they say they have heard of them but don't install them. Getting frustrated here as well.

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
What exactly did you replace to keep your engine cover? Is there an Autozone part number?

attachment.jpg
I used Autozone part #46033, Dorman emission hose, and cut the length to fit. I also cut the elbow part off the vac port leaving enough of the plastic to slip the hose onto. Finished it with a small stainless hose clamp. Easier for me to fit the hose to the cover, than cutting the cover to fit the hose.
download.jpg

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Same thing here. I have called several dealers in my area and they say they have heard of them but don't install them. Getting frustrated here as well.
If you run out of options in OC, Galpin Ford in North Hills can do the install.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
Thanks BenGTPP! Will change that when I get the chance. Didn't want to run the risk since I only filled up first tank of premium. I think I'm good now!

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I used Autozone part #46033, Dorman emission hose, and cut the length to fit. I also cut the elbow part off the vac port leaving enough of the plastic to slip the hose onto. Finished it with a small stainless hose clamp. Easier for me to fit the hose to the cover, than cutting the cover to fit the hose.

If you want more of a stock look other than the SS clamp:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-1...=1494965795&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Get about 5 inches of fuel hose too and your good! :thumbsup:
Awesome! Thanks guys! :cheers:

bcdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Met GT 6spd Convrt/50yr
Had mine installed by Fritts Ford in Riverside yesterday. Contact Kyle Kline the service manager as he is very familiar with the performance packs.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I hope they revise a tune for the pp3. Everything is great except when it rev hangs on cold starts. It's not to bad now but I'm sure in the winter it will be annoying
Sponsored