2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I tried the no-lift-shift for the first time yesterday - just bombing around town -- it was a 2-3 shift at 5k -- only got one in because my lady gave me "the look" and became frustrated with me -- she scares easily. I think it could prove to be a cool feature of these tunes. It's a fun thing to explore -- I'm totally enjoying myself.
Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
This is a bit too fuzzy for me; too many variables. Would have preferred before and after lap times with only the PP2 as the only change.
Seeing as it was my first time @ that track that would have required a lot of work on my part. :D.

Also lap times are dependent on traffic, conditions, hitting your marks consistently, and other variables.

All can say is this is not the car I drove at the track in March, or last year (different tracks).

If you like PP2 on the street you'll love it at the track.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Uh oh - did the mods clean up some drama?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My PP2 has been delivered since Saturday, probably won't install for another week or so.

But I looked at the install manual and couldn't find this info:

What tools do I need?(Like size wise etc.)

Do I need to buy anything else, or is everything included in the kit?(I saw some had to buy a vacuum hose or something)
10mm socket
8mm socket
7mm socket
Metric hex socket (forget the size but it's for the TB adapter bolts)
Needle nose pliers
Small flat blade screwdriver
Sharp razor blade
Hose clamp tool
Small ass hand to insert the fire wall plug
Dremel if you want the pointless engine cover

The kit is complete. I asked a member on HP Tuners with a 2015 and he had no isssues, he said he didn't need any extra vacuum hose.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Translation for those who don't know what the f#@k I do for a living:

Want more?
IN MY WORLD IT'S CALLED CALIBRATION. That I've also talked and worked with engineering on several different platforms either it's PCM, ECU, PMCI, ECM, TCU or whatever you want to call. They all have BASE SOFTWARE and CALIBRATION which is programmed into it to tell it what it is (part that has tables for hp/tq and etc). I've also seen some programs or tuners software label it os, cal, calibration, flash file or whatever. Calling it OS was always a bit confusing when you are only changing calibration not everything. Ford calls it calibration files

You are only referring to what your software is calling it. ARE we done now

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
IN MY WORLD IT'S CALLED CALIBRATION. That I've also talked and worked with engineering on several different platforms either it's PCM, ECU, PMCI, ECM, TCU or whatever you want to call. They all have BASE SOFTWARE and CALIBRATION which is programmed into it to tell it what it is (part that has tables for hp/tq and etc). I've also seen some programs or tuners software label it os, cal, calibration, flash file or whatever. Calling it OS was always a bit confusing when you are only changing calibration not everything. Ford calls it calibration files

You are only referring to what your software is calling it. ARE we done now
I didn't just pull that out of my ass. I'm a test engineer at an OEM. When Ford Performance wrote these calibrations they did so with NEW software. Jesse Kershaw spoke about this at length before leaving Ford. If I'm wrong, Kershaw lied, and the so did the people at HP Tuners. NEVER did I say that Ford changed fundamentally how the TC-1791 operates. What I said (and you challenged and then edited) is that Ford Performance calibrations are working on new software (NOT just new calibrations) that Lund or whoever cannot. It seems to me that you're arguing semantics.
Now that HP tuners has cracked the OS (and that's what we call it) it can be edited, but other tooners have found limited improvements besides adjusting transport delay and the like for long tubes. Point being for a daily driver these are really the best calibrations.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For those wondering, here is a sample of changes made:

Certain parameters in the PP2 calibration do not appear in a stock calibration. Anything in green has been changed from stock.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
So this rev hang is kinda annoying. Can I bitch and moan to frpp and see if they do something to fix it?

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't throw people names out there never ever unless you want them pissed off at you. I'm going off what I have done and people I've talked too not just one OEM and family (not going to say what they do). We will never see eye to eye on this........

Test engineer for OEM (if) isn't that against your contact to be on forums? Everyone I've dealt with say it's BIG NONO especially ones who do GOV work. Like calibrations for military diesel engines are National secret there LOL. We all know they don't have to meet emissions and low hp/tq that makes them live forever

Last edited:

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've still haven't made up my mind on going with PP2 or steeda. I'm looking at putting Long tube headers at some point. Also like to datalog engine to see what's going on. Unless I can use SCT X3 with livelink to datalog. I don't think you can with X3 but haven't tried it yet either LOL

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If I worked for Ford, yes. But I've never said anything about our stuff, my department, anything that could even be construed as a violation. Hell, there are Ford engineers in the open most Mustang boards.

Sell it and buy HPT. If you're into calibrating, HP can do things (like edit FP OS) that SCT can't. Eric Brooks is one of the smartest people I have met and he's constantly taking the Ford HPT stuff above and beyond SCT

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm looking at the PP2 right now, is ~$600 the best deal out there? Saw that price at Levittown.

The FP tune for my Ecoboost was really quite good for something that kept the warranty, it matched the OTS tunes for HP and just a little less torque so I'm confident that this kit would work nicely as well until the warranty is up.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't run around to each Mustang forum but one's I have been on have not seen Engineers from Ford. I don't go out looking for them either.
Sponsored