Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
Will the PP2 setup give the car more snap crackle and pop on decel?

I have a bone stock 15 gtpp and am considering this for my first mod.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Will the PP2 setup give the car more snap crackle and pop on decel?

I have a bone stock 15 gtpp and am considering this for my first mod.
Good question. I bet it COULD add to that effect but realistically what you are looking for is more exhaust related.

For example, I have a MBRP street and its like a bowl of rice crispies.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Just paid for mine. Better be good... because that was the money I was going to spend on presents for my parents for the holidays :doh:
Take them for a ride in your PP2'ed car. Gave your ride some more power and got them a present in one expenditure.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will I be able to install LT headers with this? Or will I run into an issue throwing codes?
I think you need an aftermarket tune specifically for LT Headers (edit: for the headers and anything else you might have on there). The tune from the Power-packs is specific to the parts it's installed with.

Malcornelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium PP Paxton
I think you need an aftermarket tune specifically for LT Headers (edit: for the headers and anything else you might have on there). The tune from the Power-packs is specific to the parts it's installed with.
Okay so I thought I read somewhere on the forum that LT's can for the most part be run safely on a normal 91 tune. If that is correct, why would it not be possible to run them on the PP3 tune? Or is it because the PP3 is tuned in such a way that it can't handle the additional air/fuel, not enough/too little timing etc? I personally would get a specific tune...but can someone educate me?

Sponsored

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
The tune is designed for what exactly ford is putting into the package. No more, no less. You start adding things to it, it may more than likely throw it off. If you are putting LT on, go with a different tune that has free updates to include items you put on your car. It makes no sense to get this set up, then start adding more to it without being able to adjust the tune to take advantage or properly dial in on additional add ons.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tune is designed for what exactly ford is putting into the package. No more, no less. You start adding things to it, it may more than likely throw it off. If you are putting LT on, go with a different tune that has free updates to include items you put on your car. It makes no sense to get this set up, then start adding more to it without being able to adjust the tune to take advantage or properly dial in on additional add ons.
Not to mention, if you're adding LT Headers, then there's likely no reason to go with the Power-Pack tunes as you're shtupping your warranty and might as well add on whatever you want and then have Lund/Beef/Livernois etc. make you a tune specific to what you have on there.

watersuper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Ordered mine Aug. 31 and no email yet. No big deal, getting cold in the northeast.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Strange I called my dealer I bought the car from for an install quote and he said $260 which seemed reasonable but when I mentioned the procal tune download they backed off and said I would need to go to another dealer 45 min up the road?

Is ot because they dont have a ford racing tech?

Update: called the other dealer and got a quote for $462. Said the tune was a flat hour rate of $132.

Last edited:

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Why is everyone calling the stealerships for install? Or did they change the warranty so it can no longer be ANY ASE certified installer?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I called just to get an idea. Ill prob either find a tech or do it myself. Being from Ca i needed the CarbEx.

Last edited:

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My local dealership said about 1.5 hours at $136 per hour for the install.
Sponsored