JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Not true, you do not have to provide an ASE number.

Where exactly would he see additional wear?
Okay, you caught me, I lied. :lol:
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 5.20.40 PM.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
So here's a mild video of what was happening to my car (Sorry to keep posting about it in here)... My foot never got off the throttle, it just stops for a second causing a slight hesitation. Sorry for how loud it is, as well. My windows were rolled down lol. Any clues?

https://streamable.com/61dsa

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'm sure that if they google the shop that installed the kit, and it looks legit and/or has an ASE # posted, they won't ask the customer for it.
Except Dallas Mustang is a well known Ford Performance dealer & installer and has been around for years and years. :shrug:

https://www.dallasmustang.com/

After that email, I let DM handle the registration.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Just an update since this thread is still alive.

I now have put around 20k miles on the car since installing PP1 (in total car has slightly over 32k). Everything is still great. I actually took my car in for oil change/ service this past weekend. Spoke to the tech that works on my car (local dealership, same tech since I bought it) and he said mechanically he doesn't see any additional wear vs a completely stock car. So thats a plus! Overall for the small HP bump, no lift shift, and what seems to be little to no additional wear I highly recommend!
Your mechanic "Doesn't see any additional wear vs a completely stock car....."

So the mechanic did an engine tear down and rebuild?

Where would the mechanic "see" additional wear from a PP1 tune with an oil change? Is he talking seeing metal shavings in the bottom of the oil catch can vs no metal shavings?

Your mechanic is just telling you what you want to hear.

PS: The 5.0L can handle way more than a PP1 tune. :thumbsup:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Update from Ford Performance...

"We are not currently working on a specific oil separator for cars with the Power Pack 2."

For those not comfortable running the FP A/O Separator I would recommend the JLY 3.0 unit. Its a breeze to empty.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So here's a mild video of what was happening to my car (Sorry to keep posting about it in here)... My foot never got off the throttle, it just stops for a second causing a slight hesitation. Sorry for how loud it is, as well. My windows were rolled down lol. Any clues?

https://streamable.com/61dsa
Very odd. I hope you figure it out.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Very odd. I hope you figure it out.
So sad for you that you had (?) to get rid of the Mach1 - one of my all-time favorites, if it was mine I'd hate to give it up. Then again, I never actually owned one, and I'm sure you had good reasons... an old car is an old car is an old car :D

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yeah, after 28 years it lost it's charm and became just an old car...

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, after 28 years it lost it's charm and became just an old car...
Ha! I feel you — my first car was a '67 Dart factory 4bbl 4 speed and I loved it, but my GT beats it in every possible way. No ball joints to replace, no crawling under the car in parking lots to beat on the shifter linkage that's locked up between 2nd and 3rd...
Much nicer as a memory :cheers:

Nickrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
My newer Mustang is an awesome package but there is magic in the old (and much lighter) iron that the civility of the new cars lost. May drive my modified fox body mustang fewer miles but thoroughly enjoy when i do. In a straight line my fox body feels (not saying it is) quicker though (bringing this back on topic) PP2 really helped my 2017 fix that. Now time to add some cubes to my fox! Waiting for my 2018 intake to fuel the HP arms race within my garage!

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Anybody know where I can get the Ford PP2 with a discount? Autonation doesn't seem to have it on its website.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Anybody know where I can get the Ford PP2 with a discount? Autonation doesn't seem to have it on its website.
Dig back through this thread a little bit: LevittownFord used to have the best prices for PP2s, but I think someone posted a price they paid that beat Levittown by $40 or so within the last few months.

Scott
:ford: