2.3L Ecoboost Knowledge_Education

Laser3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Laser3
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I am new on the 2.3l Ecoboost, and would like to know the components and hoses functions, here is a New crate 2.3L Ecoboost for my 2018 Ford mustang.
Will be nice if we all know the names and functions of some elements. I have numbers on the Locations and will need to know the
Function and Hose diameter from To and what are the details on the installation and type of hose OEM and performance.

Picture 1: This is on the Intake Side on top of the Throttle body: Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 2: This is on the Intake Side transmission side: Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 3: Back top of the Engine JC 735 BA 353: It is?_____ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 4: Back of the engine right Water/Coolant ___ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 5: Chamber____ oil fumes.... Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 6: Fuel Pump: Input or output Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 7: _____ Input or output Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 8: Water/Coolant Metal pipe to Hose to:____ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 9: Water/Coolant Pump Hose to:____ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 10 Water/Coolant Pump Hose to:____ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

Picture 11: From the Intake Filter Hose to:____ Hose type?___ Diameter:___ goes to: ___ Function is:____

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5and 6.png
7.png
8.png
9-10.png
11.png
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems you have most of the parts at hand to do your own measuring. As to connectivity all should be revealed in the factory (or aftermarket) service manual. You have a copy, yes?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Man, homework sucks!

Seriously, I second the factory manual approach. Even if we deciphered each and every one of those locations and gave you a name you'll need more knowledge about the systems involved if you want to get that pullout motor into something.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Was your 2018 originally equipped with an EcoBoost, therefore wouldn’t all of those hoses or tubing still be in place on the original EB that could then be transferred over once the “crate engine” was installed?

OP
OP

Laser3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Laser3
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
In the manual said part number X XX but not for what it is !

I want to understand the functions and connections of the water and air hoses. I can do the measurement but I need to know the function.

Picture 1: is an open fitting after the throttle body. Is this for a Pressure test or is used for an Analog instrument ? or is a purge port or is an accessory port for ?...

Picture 2: It is the Intake air it should have some pressure going out and may go to Picture 3 ! Please verify and corroborate !

Picture 3: Air come here From? And what is the function of this piece?

Picture 4: I assume is hot coolant going out to the radiator heater inside the car. True or False ?

Picture 5: Oil vapor may come here out. Where it goes?

Picture 6: Fuel Pump, Fuel came from fuel tank and has a Fuel flow sensor and is a stainless steel tubing. Please corroborate !

Picture 7: FR3E8B535CC: Cable/Pipe Oil Is this to read the Oil pressure by an analog Instrument? Or for what is this Oil going out of the engine?____

Picture 8: FR3E-8K556-BA Water/Coolant Outlet Is hot on this side.
Move hot water to Radiator Input.

Picture 9: Water/Coolant Outlet Pump:

Picture 10 Water/Coolant Outlet Pump Thermostat

Picture 11: From the Intake Filter. Air going to?
Sponsored