2-3k rattle observations (input wanted)

bizlipkick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys, picked up a new 2019 pp1 6mt mustang gt. I have read the 80 some odd page thread about the 2k rattle , mine does it at light throttle Input between 2-3k, noise gets much quieter when car is fully warmed up. Here is my question(s).
I have seen multiple buybacks and engine replacements due to piston scoring , etc. When driving mine , it will rattle like crazy, but when i put the car in neutral and rev it while the car is rolling the noise is almost completely gone. I put it in gear again, and the noise resumes. Also , ar home in my garage where theoretically the noise should be the worst , I can hold the rpms anywhere from 2-3k and I hear absolutely no rattle. So is it possible to have a load induced rattle that affects the pistons ? Or does this sound like some driveline noise ? Of all the people I have read about that got replacements , I don't recall seeing anyone saying they were really down on power, just the noise is annoying. Trying to weigh whether I should take it in and risk them replacing the motor just to have the noise come back in another motor (and lowering the value of the car) or just roll with it. Noise is loud and kinda embarrassing, but the car is fast as hell. Thanks
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My 2019 Gt does it. It is annoying but it seems that they pretty much all do it. Mine wont do it in the driveway revving it either in Park but does it under load while driving too. Some think its the direct injection high pressure pump ramping up from the port injection phase that is used at lower loads to a higher load DI situation. I've heard mention it could be something flywheel related too which could explain why it wont do it in neutral. My opinion is this is a noisy engine but a damned fine one in the big scheme of things. I don't believe that if it were piston slap or whatever that it wouldn't do it with load or without differently.

I wouldn't let them tear into it just drive the $hit out of it and if its a problem something will let go under warranty. My car runs like a raped ape and has used less than 1/4 of a quart of oil in the first 3000 miles so I'm leaving it be. If I were you I'd consider the same thing.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Can you post a clip. Most of the "noise" issues are not real problems. Guessing you picked that up in the other threads though. As Qcman17 said, don't worrying about a mechanical device making some noise and enjoy the car!

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
This has been gone over time and time again. Just drive the F'n car and if it breaks you have the warranty. If you get to 49,000k miles without issue and it is still bothering you take it in. Keep your oil change receipts.

Or buy the Flood warranty and and go further.

If it isn't down on power, making awful tapping noises, or drinking oil than it is doing what it should be doing. Motor on.

OP
OP

bizlipkick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Can you post a clip. Most of the "noise" issues are not real problems. Guessing you picked that up in the other threads though. As Qcman17 said, don't worrying about a mechanical device making some noise and enjoy the car!
Yea for sure. No need to record the noise, it sounds the same as all the other rattle noises. I just was wondering, legitimately, what people's thoughts were on the noise being not present in neutral as opposed to load. I'm just going to send it , and make sure it stays under warranty.

OP
OP

bizlipkick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My 2019 Gt does it. It is annoying but it seems that they pretty much all do it. Mine wont do it in the driveway revving it either in Park but does it under load while driving too. Some think its the direct injection high pressure pump ramping up from the port injection phase that is used at lower loads to a higher load DI situation. I've heard mention it could be something flywheel related too which could explain why it wont do it in neutral. My opinion is this is a noisy engine but a damned fine one in the big scheme of things. I don't believe that if it were piston slap or whatever that it wouldn't do it with load or without differently.

I wouldn't let them tear into it just drive the $hit out of it and if its a problem something will let go under warranty. My car runs like a raped ape and has used less than 1/4 of a quart of oil in the first 3000 miles so I'm leaving it be. If I were you I'd consider the same thing.
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, what the possible reasons were.
Sponsored