Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Sure thing. Oh btw, how did you get a VIN and date so fast?
Truth? I don't have a clue or not much of one at least. This is a small dealership, not FP that I'm aware of, and I have only purchased one vehicle from them previously. Prior to that, I foolishly dealt with the Autonation Ford dealership simply because it was closer. But they REALLY hosed up a clutch replacement on my '14 and I'll NEVER go back to that joint.

However, this second outfit SEEMS to be honest. What I was told was, after we learned about the dang golden ticket and the original order rejected, the allocation guy was angry and told me he kept bugging his rep every day. Then, about ten days later, I got the call that my guy had been given a GT allocation. Now how that translated into a fairly early build date is unknown to me. And yes, CFTP and OTT stripes in a Rapid Red suit.

I plan to head out there next week and initiate the negotiations, if they exist. This same dealership had a 350 in the showroom for months and it finally sold so I'm hoping that this isn't a greedy outfit but we'll see. I have a previously signed agreement that I had them gin up when I bought my F250 last year saying that they wouldn't charge more than $5k over MSRP (for the '20 500.) The SM who signed that is no longer employed as he went back to the oil field binness so I don't know if that document means anything any longer.

But I'm not willing to pay more than $5k over and if the whole thing blows up with greed, I'll let the others here know about the car should they want it. Like many other people here, I will switch to a C8 if need be and I will have no difficulty conveying this to the dealership. After all, it IS just a souped up Mustang and not a Lambo and IMHO, it doesn't deserve crazy ADM's.

Last edited:

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
Been making this list (actually a full spreadsheet) since i decided to get a GT500.

Some things i will do in order likely will be dependent on aftermarket availability....not sure how long it takes on a new model

1. 5% window tint
2. Ceramic coat
3. Forged wheels 21x11.5 square setup, 325/25/21 tires, also set of rear drag wheels/tires
4. Body Color Paint (side mirrors, rear wing, front bumper undecided)
5. De badge: front cobra(if can be done, black out otherwise), side cobras (if no holes), Ford performance smooth rear taillight panel
6. Shelby performance coolant expansion tank, catch can if not equipped
7. Lowering springs when available
8. Probably a sub box, depends how the stock system is
9. Jacking Rails, rear cradle support of some type, possible front subframe brace
10. LLoyds floor mats
11. Cold Air, headers, h-pipe (no cats), pulley, tune.....likely this will be done way down the line while others figure out what works and what doesn't
From Above:

4. "Body Color Paint side mirrors" is proving to be a bit of an early effort challenge. What covers do I order to go ahead and have painted in advance? Thank you to Earl for his help in the below.

These are the 2019 Outside Mirror Covers, it looks like there are three different configurations.

Without Tech Package - W/O POWER FOLD, W/O BLIND SPOT, W/O POWER FOLD, W/O BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D743-AAPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-AAPTM Mirror Cover, Right

With Tech Package - W/O POWER FOLD, W/BLIND SPOT, W/O POWER FOLD, W/BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D743-BAPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-BAPTM Mirror Cover, Right

W/POWER FOLD
FR3Z-17D743-DCPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-DCPTM Mirror Cover, Right

So the question is, does the GT500 with Tech package use any of the above or have its own part numbers?
Regards,
George

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
From Above:

4. "Body Color Paint side mirrors" is proving to be a bit of an early effort challenge. What covers do I order to go ahead and have painted in advance? Thank you to Earl for his help in the below.

These are the 2019 Outside Mirror Covers, it looks like there are three different configurations.

Without Tech Package - W/O POWER FOLD, W/O BLIND SPOT, W/O POWER FOLD, W/O BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D743-AAPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-AAPTM Mirror Cover, Right

With Tech Package - W/O POWER FOLD, W/BLIND SPOT, W/O POWER FOLD, W/BLIND SPOT
FR3Z-17D743-BAPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-BAPTM Mirror Cover, Right

W/POWER FOLD
FR3Z-17D743-DCPTM Mirror Cover, Left
FR3Z-17D742-DCPTM Mirror Cover, Right

So the question is, does the GT500 with Tech package use any of the above or have its own part numbers?
Regards,
George
Same mirrors, nothing special. It’s one or two of the above.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I went with perforated leather on the sides with carbon fiber inserts in the thumb grips, smooth black leather top and bottom with white sight strip and stitching. Oh, I'm getting the carbon fiber bezels to tie into the carbon fiber dash insert I ordered with the car. Here is a photoshopped picture of what it will look like.

D087D546-F6D1-4F3B-9A87-EEDCF55FB844_zpsvzicjoet.jpg

So, when you use a GT350 or Beith wheel on the A6 transmission cars, the guts and paddles from the stock wheel carry over to the new wheel. I am basically taking a leap of faith the DTC paddles will carry over, just like the A6 ones did. I just don't care for the alcantara very much and I much prefer leather. My GT350 wheel matted down and I didn't very much care for the feel of alcantara. I hemmed and hawed over going with a carbon fiber wheel but I think its too much carbon personally, and I don't particularly care for a cold in the winter, and hot in the summer steering wheel. Leather isn't a complete game changer, but it is better than the hard plastic feel.
I ordered my steering wheel today went with same but I got red stitching and red alignment strip.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my steering wheel today went with same but I got red stitching and red alignment strip.
Awesome! judging by your options I can assume you got a red car? If so did you get the carbon inserts? I believe you can get red carbon.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Awesome! judging by your options I can assume you got a red car? If so did you get the carbon inserts? I believe you can get red carbon.
I did get a red car and yes got CF inserts. I have the CF IP so thought I would keep it all the same.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I did get a red car and yes got CF inserts. I have the CF IP so thought I would keep it all the same.
Good point. Exactly why I did it as well. I look forward too seeing yours as well :like:

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
1. Take delivery
2. Have to towed to get paint correction, Xpel and ceramic coat on everything
3. Drive 500 (with pleasure)...
4. First oil change
5. Have it shipped to Fat House Fab and see where we can go with it.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
1. Take delivery
2. Have to towed to get paint correction, Xpel and ceramic coat on everything
3. Drive 500 (with pleasure)...
4. First oil change
5. Have it shipped to Fat House Fab and see where we can go with it.
Ok you got me on #5. What is Fat House Fab????

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
In Indy wow have they done work for you in the past with you being in CA to shop to them you must really like them
I have never dealt with them, I was just posting a link.