1st Mods on 2020 GT500

iR8Snake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Whats your expected HP gain? Or is this more a personal preference and for sound?
Mainly sound yes, be interesting to know the weight of it when it’s out, HP gains are minimal. Just an easy mod to start with. I’ll
Be upgrading the reservoirs pretty quickly as well as rear seat delete.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Been making this list (actually a full spreadsheet) since i decided to get a GT500.

Some things i will do in order likely will be dependent on aftermarket availability....not sure how long it takes on a new model

1. 5% window tint
2. Ceramic coat
3. Forged wheels 21x11.5 square setup, 325/25/21 tires, also set of rear drag wheels/tires
4. Body Color Paint (side mirrors, rear wing, front bumper undecided)
5. Debadge: front cobra(if can be done, black out otherwise), side cobras (if no holes), Ford performance smooth rear taillight panel
6. Shelby performance coolant expansion tank, catch can if not equipped
7. Lowering springs when available
8. Probably a sub box, depends how the stock system is
9. Jacking Rails, rear cradle support of some type, possible front subframe brace
10. LLoyds floor mats
11. Cold Air, headers, h-pipe (no cats), pulley, tune.....likely this will be done way down the line while others figure out what works and what doesn't

OP
OP
1stMustang-GT500

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Mainly sound yes, be interesting to know the weight of it when it’s out, HP gains are minimal. Just an easy mod to start with. I’ll
So addition by subtraction.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ported blower, ice tank, cat delete, pullies, 93/e85 tune , set of wheels for DRs, axle back to get rid of the cheap looking mufflers and open Intake to hear that whiiiine..

Exterior: OEM splitter wickers, ceramic coat and clear bra black section of front bumper, gloss black roof wrap and maybe FP lowering springs

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Pulley/tune/Drags

The car is a beast stock. Adding a few more hairs to its chest will be fun.
I expected this to be the first post.....

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Maybe full exhaust to remove weight.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All you guys talking about drag setups, remember that brakes in the rear are monsters, 14.5" rotors plus the caliper. 17" fatties in the rear aren't going to work without a brake swap.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
All you guys talking about drag setups, remember that brakes in the rear are monsters, 14.5" rotors plus the caliper. 17" fatties in the rear aren't going to work without a brake swap.
Some DRs on aftermarket wheels or brake swap.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
My plans is to paint correct, ceramic coat, and clear bra mine immediately to help keeping the black paint looking good. Probably tint the windows while I have that done as well. Then throw it up on my dynojet and see what kind of numbers it lays down in bone stock form. After that I will probably drive it around and enjoy bone stock for a while. At a later date, I might tune it for some higher octane, possibly E85, and maybe even change up the pulley on the charger...but time will tell on that.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
re: bold

Then why even bother with a GT500? I don't mean that in any sort of argumentative way, just seems like a strange path to buy a GT500 then mod it away from its original design intent.
I would just be getting some drag radials for when I hit the drag strip.