Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Hi Guys,

The dealer here in my country (KUWAIT) contacted Ford USA and Ford told them to install an OBD that can log the issue, the device can log 15 sec before the issue happens and 10 sec after the issue, so they can play back the log and see what's going on. I managed to capture the issue and they admit that there is something wrong is going on but the dealer couldn't find the issue, they told me they will contact Ford USA hot line and see what Ford will say about the stalling issue, I also installed a GoPro to capture the stalling and managed to capture it as well.

Will wait for Ford to reply and hope they will have a fix.

Attached the OBD device pictures and all the videos I recorded while stalling in drive mode and in reverse, I also attached some videos showing the noises I am having and the RPM fluctuation when I come to stope while the transmission in drive, it seems to go away if I put it in neutral or park.

Sorry for the videos, its in Arabic, but you can see the stalling and all the other issues while happening....

Will keep you updated :)

IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0463.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg
Did you ever fix the issue?
Sponsored

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
My buddy mentioned the same thing for mine, and I asked the dealership to check it but naturally, they didn't. My car is barely 2 months old so I'm not going to get this checked myself, but what I did do was a KAM reset almost 3 weeks ago.
Do you feel like your kam reset helped you?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Do you feel like your kam reset helped you?
I don't wanna jinx it but I did the KAM reset on August 8th, and car's been good since....I've put about 800km on it since.

No harm in giving it a shot....my buddy who's a foreman at Audi told me that it's not a bad idea to do KAM reset once in a while (kinda like clearing RAM on your computer)

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
after taking it to the dealer for serviced the fourth time for the same issue they are replacing my cylinder head has anyone got this replaced yet? And did it fix the issue?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update....after my KAM reset back in August 2021, car ran without any random shutdown (my 'stang is my daily driver) until earlier today, it happened as I was slowing down to a stop sign. Pretty cheesed as I thought this issue was behind me =(

Another thing to note, despite not having the car shut down on me for almost 8 months, I do notice that from time to time, while i'm driving, a "no key detected" message would pop up (and yes of course, my key is with me in the car), which makes me think, any chance this issue could be linked to the key fobs?

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Quick update....after my KAM reset back in August 2021, car ran without any random shutdown (my 'stang is my daily driver) until earlier today, it happened as I was slowing down to a stop sign. Pretty cheesed as I thought this issue was behind me =(

Another thing to note, despite not having the car shut down on me for almost 8 months, I do notice that from time to time, while i'm driving, a "no key detected" message would pop up (and yes of course, my key is with me in the car), which makes me think, any chance this issue could be linked to the key fobs?
I'm currently experiencing the same thing with the idle. To make a long story short, my 2020 mustang GT has the rough idle while at a red light or stop sign. So far, it has not stalled, but the idle drops to 500, then jumps up to 600, then back to 500, etc. While the idle jumps, I feel the car shake. This may happen at 1 or 2 lights, and then stop. There is no pattern.
I read a post on here where a person cleaned the throttle body and mass air sensor, and the idle improved. I did this procedure Sunday and I am still testing it out. I doubt this will work for you since your car is practically brand new.
As for the key fob, I have received that message a few times while driving, especially in a busy parking lot. So, what I do now is place my key fob in the cup holder. Check out the manual on page 133 Starting and Stopping the Engine"

1647968385720.png

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently experiencing the same thing with the idle. To make a long story short, my 2020 mustang GT has the rough idle while at a red light or stop sign. So far, it has not stalled, but the idle drops to 500, then jumps up to 600, then back to 500, etc. While the idle jumps, I feel the car shake. This may happen at 1 or 2 lights, and then stop. There is no pattern.
I read a post on here where a person cleaned the throttle body and mass air sensor, and the idle improved. I did this procedure Sunday and I am still testing it out. I doubt this will work for you since your car is practically brand new.
As for the key fob, I have received that message a few times while driving, especially in a busy parking lot. So, what I do now is place my key fob in the cup holder. Check out the manual on page 133 Starting and Stopping the Engine"

1647968385720.png
Thanks for your response and sharing your experience. Fingers crossed for you that your specific issue is resolved!

As for mine, yeah the car was brand new built last june (july delivery) and since new, this stalling issue have happened a total of 4 times (1st time was two weeks after owning the car, happened consecutively within 2 blocks), then the third time was a few weeks later, and then nearly 8 months clean then bam it happened which really annoys me especially when there's no predictable pattern.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Replace the batteries in the key fob(s), they don’t last forever and they don’t “charge” when inserted into the hidden cup holder slot.

dhgottlieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Looking at 2019 Ford Mustang GT to purchase!
I was interested in a 2019 Mustang GT Premium but it had a problem of starting and then motor dying. No other details. I had a corvette years ago and had some body work done. My car would run fine for some time then all of a sudden it would shut down. If I waited it would start again and run fine for a while. The Mustang I was looking at had a minor rear end accident which was fixed and this might be a coincidence but in order to fix my corvette problem I had to remove the gas tank and replace the fuel filter. I am not a mechanic but this might be a solution to consider!
Sponsored