drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
So I just noticed today that I'm able stall the car when sat on my drive in Park and briefly blipping the throttle a few hundred rpm when the engine is warm (800rpm ish). The engine seems to climb fine, but then falls back almost 'too far' and stalls. Other than this the car drives (and has driven) fine.

The only mods that could be affecting this I guess would be the Roush 2018 CAI, with the sleeve still inserted.

Any ideas on what would cause this or how I could narrow it down? I'm not sure where to start and I'd rather not have to speak to my dealer if I can help it.
Sponsored

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
So I just noticed today that I'm able stall the car when sat on my drive in Park and briefly blipping the throttle a few hundred rpm when the engine is warm (800rpm ish). The engine seems to climb fine, but then falls back almost 'too far' and stalls. Other than this the car drives (and has driven) fine.

The only mods that could be affecting this I guess would be the Roush 2018 CAI, with the sleeve still inserted.

Any ideas on what would cause this or how I could narrow it down? I'm not sure where to start and I'd rather not have to speak to my dealer if I can help it.
Hi

Did you figure/fix that issue?

I am having the same issue...

Thanks

Fahad

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Did you figure/fix that issue?

I am having the same issue...

Thanks

Fahad
No I never did. I think even though Roush say it's a direct replacement without a tune, I think a tune is still ideal to work around issues such as this. That said, I've since had the car tuned by 2 different tuners (PBD in US and MAP in UK) and both displayed this particular issue on very rare occasions... prob just a quirk of the design or maybe my tuners just didn't account for this :)

That said, if you're still stock, then there's probably something else at play - vacuum leak probably.
Sponsored