Sponsored

'19 GT stalling at idle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Car is not modded; problem started after first dealer service. It stalls out intermittently at traffic lights, stop signs, or extended idling primarily during warm-up. Voltage is all over the place, ranging from 13.0-14.7v. Seems to run slightly rough at times and stumbles under acceleration, accompanied by what sounds like a slight knock/ping. Premium fuel (91) is all I run in the car. Car is going to the dealer tomorrow AM but with the problem being intermittent I predict a 'could not duplicate' diagnosis. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Stick or auto? My 18 stick had issues in the first 6 or so months of really rough idling and stalls, especially after driving it, and then starting it up right after like quick runs to the store. It's been fine for over a year now though. I never had it diagnosed and know a few others who had my same issue with 18+ stick cars. So probably the first 7k miles or so it was wonky like that. Sometimes the idle will still drop to what looks like just under 600 rpms and she'll shiver a bit like she wants to stall. Not enough of an issue though for me to let the Ford guys dick around with it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
10R80 auto. Idle is around 500 rpm. Seems low IMO.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
latest update...the car is at the dealer...tech drove it...it stalled out and would not restart. They had to tow it back to the shop.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
500 is low for idle I think? Mines 750

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
update if anyone is interested.
initial diagnosis was a malfunctioning fuel pump/sending unit. This was replaced but did not fix the problem. Car is back in the shop, now diagnosed with a bad fuel rail pressure sensor. Shop said this likely caused the fuel pump to fail but was not detected on the initial visit.

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
update if anyone is interested.
initial diagnosis was a malfunctioning fuel pump/sending unit. This was replaced but did not fix the problem. Car is back in the shop, now diagnosed with a bad fuel rail pressure sensor. Shop said this likely caused the fuel pump to fail but was not detected on the initial visit.

Hi,

did you find a repair?

I am having the exact same issue and dealer cant fine a fix.

Please help

Regards

Fahad

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
replacing the fuel rail pressure sensor on the lower fuel rail seems to have fixed it. involved process...was without the car for a while...took a lot of troubleshooting.

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
replacing the fuel rail pressure sensor on the lower fuel rail seems to have fixed it. involved process...was without the car for a while...took a lot of troubleshooting.
Thanks for the update, will tell the dealer and hope mine will be fixed

Sponsored

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys,

The dealer here in my country (KUWAIT) contacted Ford USA and Ford told them to install an OBD that can log the issue, the device can log 15 sec before the issue happens and 10 sec after the issue, so they can play back the log and see what's going on. I managed to capture the issue and they admit that there is something wrong is going on but the dealer couldn't find the issue, they told me they will contact Ford USA hot line and see what Ford will say about the stalling issue, I also installed a GoPro to capture the stalling and managed to capture it as well.

Will wait for Ford to reply and hope they will have a fix.

Attached the OBD device pictures and all the videos I recorded while stalling in drive mode and in reverse, I also attached some videos showing the noises I am having and the RPM fluctuation when I come to stope while the transmission in drive, it seems to go away if I put it in neutral or park.

Sorry for the videos, its in Arabic, but you can see the stalling and all the other issues while happening....

Will keep you updated :)

IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0463.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Hi Guys,

The dealer here in my country (KUWAIT) contacted Ford USA and Ford told them to install an OBD that can log the issue, the device can log 15 sec before the issue happens and 10 sec after the issue, so they can play back the log and see what's going on. I managed to capture the issue and they admit that there is something wrong is going on but the dealer couldn't find the issue, they told me they will contact Ford USA hot line and see what Ford will say about the stalling issue, I also installed a GoPro to capture the stalling and managed to capture it as well.

Will wait for Ford to reply and hope they will have a fix.

Attached the OBD device pictures and all the videos I recorded while stalling in drive mode and in reverse, I also attached some videos showing the noises I am having and the RPM fluctuation when I come to stope while the transmission in drive, it seems to go away if I put it in neutral or park.

Sorry for the videos, its in Arabic, but you can see the stalling and all the other issues while happening....

Will keep you updated :)

IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0463.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg
Hey dealership replicated my stalling issues to be intake cam phasers I recommend you let your dealership know That others have the same problem to see if they can check the phasers out for you! Another reason for stalling can be with the vct solenoids as other people said that was the cause of there issues.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey dealership replicated my stalling issues to be intake cam phasers I recommend you let your dealership know That others have the same problem to see if they can check the phasers out for you! Another reason for stalling can be with the vct solenoids as other people said that was the cause of there issues.
Correct, the VCT issue has been in Fordā€˜s systems for many months now, so most Dealerships should have this info.

Hereā€™s the tech info I had posted previously that may help:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/p0018-code.123932/page-2#post-2646415

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for letting me know, sure will tell the dealer :)

Did your dealer changed the cam phasers for on your car? did that fix it?

I had a call today from my dealer, they are ordering a fuel rail pressure sensor and an EVAP purge valve, the problem is we only have one dealer that I am stuck with, in the US many dealers to switch from one to another. I am afraid time will pass by and my warranty eventually will expires while the car still having issues.

Thanks again for the heads up :)

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Thanks for letting me know, sure will tell the dealer :)

Did your dealer changed the cam phasers for on your car? did that fix it?

I had a call today from my dealer, they are ordering a fuel rail pressure sensor and an EVAP purge valve, the problem is we only have one dealer that I am stuck with, in the US many dealers to switch from one to another. I am afraid time will pass by and my warranty eventually will expires while the car still having issues.

Thanks again for the heads up :)
My stang is currently at the dealership service department getting it cam phasers replaced hopefully it solves the issues to my problems! But the thing is i never had any stalling issues when reversing like yours. I heard mustangs cost a lot more money overseas is that true? Hope they find your issue soon.
Sponsored