[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Quick question for folks: adapter is required to put GT350 throttle body on this manifold, right?
Yes. 18 manifold uses the same TB size as 15-17 so you will still need the adapter for the GT350 throttle body.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. 18 manifold uses the same TB size as 15-17 so you will still need the adapter for the GT350 throttle body.
Thought so, just confirming before money is spent lol.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking the same thing. I see a lot of dynos but most people are running E85 or forced induction. I'm going to just be 93 octane with a cold air intake and exhaust. I'm starting to lose interest in putting it on and my just sell the stuff I bought.
Unless something has changed Ronnoc is running 93. When I met him at Carlisle and shot the shit he was not running E85. I saw his dynosheet and it is impressive and the 1/4 mile time backs it up.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of parts added (lockouts/injectors/etc., etc.) to the 18+ manifolds making bigish hp #s. That said, it's not the manifold that make the 18+ quicker. I dynoed the same 420-430ish RWHP as some others with a 17 manny simular mods to me (mods in sig), same rpm's etc. That one 18 vs GT350 manny is complete bullshit IMO.
You do realize that the 420-430 whp with an intake, tune and 91 octane is a VERY happy dyno right? Most Gen 2's need catless headers to hit that kind of number.

You cannot compare peak numbers from different dyno's in different weather/elevations. Just doesn't work that way. I made 423whp on the dyno I went to with all the mods in my sig. Do you really think that your car makes the same or more on 91 octane and an intake? Come on, that is common sense man.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Boosted cars with this manifold seem to be making some great power up top. Here is my dyno result with the ported 18 manifold (IMRC Delete & boosted) along with my friends N/A coyote with the ported 18 manifold (IMRC Delete). His car is the same car in the video I posted earlier in this thread that ran dead even with a stock GT350R. To those wondering what was used to delete the IMRC, nothing at all. It's a drop in as long as you don't run vacuum to the IMRC. Left the manifold as is, no modification, and just plugged up the electrical plugs.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
You do realize that the 420-430 whp with an intake, tune and 91 octane is a VERY happy dyno right? Most Gen 2's need catless headers to hit that kind of number.

You cannot compare peak numbers from different dyno's in different weather/elevations. Just doesn't work that way. I made 423whp on the dyno I went to with all the mods in my sig. Do you really think that your car makes the same or more on 91 octane and an intake? Come on, that is common sense man.
For auto cars maybe....around the forums most manual cars with headers I’ve seen near 440. The 420 range seems to be before headers. Tune only seems to be 400s

All on 93

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question for folks: adapter is required to put GT350 throttle body on this manifold, right?
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]

Yes, you need an adapter. I have both the adapter and TB for sale as well.

When I had the GT350 TB and adapter installed, it angled my JLT intake tube upwards, making it sit against the hood liner causing false knock. To fix this, I'd assume you can just use a different silicone coupler.

I took mine off because I was lazy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]

Yes, you need an adapter. I have both the adapter and TB for sale as well.

When I had the GT350 TB and adapter installed, it angled my JLT intake tube upwards, making it sit against the hood liner causing false knock. To fix this, I'd assume you can just use a different silicone coupler.

I took mine off because I was lazy.
I think with the Roush CAI that I have, it will fit better with the GT350 TB + adapter. It has a very similar tube to the GT350 CAI, which looks to fit with the TB based on a few installs posted here.

Last edited:

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Boosted cars with this manifold seem to be making some great power up top. Here is my dyno result with the ported 18 manifold (IMRC Delete & boosted) along with my friends N/A coyote with the ported 18 manifold (IMRC Delete). His car is the same car in the video I posted earlier in this thread that ran dead even with a stock GT350R. To those wondering what was used to delete the IMRC, nothing at all. It's a drop in as long as you don't run vacuum to the IMRC. Left the manifold as is, no modification, and just plugged up the electrical plugs.

Either that's a happy dyno or the ported mani really makes that much of a difference. 455/396 without headers? That's what most people average on the FBO with the 18/gt350 mani.

Might've put a length on the GT350R with some long tubes. Can't imagine the same could be said with the stock mani. The 18 mani is no joke.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Either that's a happy dyno or the ported mani really makes that much of a difference. 455/396 without headers? That's what most people average on the FBO with the 18/gt350 mani.

Might've put a length on the GT350R with some long tubes. Can't imagine the same could be said with the stock mani. The 18 mani is no joke.
Yeah see page 102 for the video. ~450 whp makes sense for the result against the R.

I'm planning on doing ported 18 manifold + GT350 TB and FF tune...should be worth just as much or a bit more.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yeah see page 102 for the video. ~450 whp makes sense for the result against the R.

I'm planning on doing ported 18 manifold + GT350 TB and FF tune...should be worth just as much or a bit more.
Yeah it sounds about right but I'd definitely be interested in seeing what he'd make with LTs. Theoretically with the headers, he'd make ~470 whp if we're basing that from his previous numbers, which definitely seems like a very high percentile. Maybe his buddy forgot to mention the headers? I know it's tough to remember all the mods. I'll go watch the video, maybe I can tell from it.

Also, slightly related, what's the expected outcome between an R and the gt350? Saw a local guy with Chinese headers, 18 mani (not ported I believe), cai, and e85 lund tune put a couple lengths on a stock gt350. I imagine the R would do the same? Forgive my gt350 ignorance

Edit: Nope, I can't tell (maybe someone else can). Regardless, everything about the 18 mani is great to me. Just saw a ford dealership post some for sale for $200 on fb the other day. Not sure there is a better mod for that kind of price.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it sounds about right but I'd definitely be interested in seeing what he'd make with LTs. Theoretically with the headers, he'd make ~470 whp if we're basing that from his previous numbers, which definitely seems like a very high percentile. I'm thinking maybe he forgot to include the fact that he had long tubes in the description or something lol.

Also, slightly related, what's the expected outcome between an R and the gt350? Saw a local guy with Chinese headers, 18 mani (not ported I believe), cai, and e85 lund tune put a couple lengths on a stock gt350. I imagine the R would do the same? Forgive my gt350 ignorance
Nope, stock headers on that car.

R would only be very slightly faster than a GT350 due to two things: a little less weight and shorter tire for quicker acceleration. It's not much. In a 1/2 mile that would be probably cancelled out by the increase in drag from the aero package.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah it sounds about right but I'd definitely be interested in seeing what he'd make with LTs. Theoretically with the headers, he'd make ~470 whp if we're basing that from his previous numbers, which definitely seems like a very high percentile. Maybe his buddy forgot to mention the headers? I know it's tough to remember all the mods. I'll go watch the video, maybe I can tell from it.

Edit: Nope, I can't tell (maybe someone else can). Regardless, everything about the 18 mani is great to me. Just saw a ford dealership post some for sale for $200 on fb the other day. Not sure there is a better mod for that kind of price.
Do you have a link to those manifolds for sale?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec