Sponsored

17 EB Prem 9 speaker upgrades ideas.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have read countless threads and I want some ideas, I do not have the subwoofer, I have the 9 speaker system. I was looking at adding the oem pro shaker on the cheap but then realized thats a pain and may not be possible. (I am buying a upgraded a HD/Sat ACM though in near future) which I guess is needed to enable the sub.

Or. Get a JL stealthbox, is it best to get an lc2i and tap off the rear speakers? this is the costliest approach, leaving stock speakers up front except maybe changing out the center speaker. If theres a better way for me to tap bass signal let me know.

Or. I saw a thread about adding Morel tempo ultra 602 to the rear deck, amped and lc2i, if I did this, would it provide a decent amount bass to the cabin? Its costly but also cheaper than a subwoofer, and I kind of like the idea of having no sub in trunk for space reasons and my friend gave me a full trunk weaterhtech mat with no sub option. but that doesn't matter, I can replace it.

I am curious about the morel option in the rear deck, my car being a 9 speaker premium, will I be able to use the tweeter on top of the 6.5 speaker? where do I mount it? I know the 12 speaker systems have coaxial, not sure if the 9 speaker system gives full signal to rears like shaker pros do.

Open to more ideas.
Sponsored

GTH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-H
Here’s another option instead of using a line out converter and may be easier install to accomplish what you are trying to do:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-a-rockford-fosgate-dsr1.112926/#post-2399011
I installed a dual 12" forward facing that generate ample tight bass. I didn't like the trunk subwoofer setup. Check out zenclosures - I asked them to use two colors to fit my trunk and my car's interior - they did a great job.
As for speakers, I spent multiple hours trying out speakers and while initially I wanted to go for a JL I ended up with 2 sets of Blam Audio Signature S 165.80 6.5” Component Speaker Systems. They are very clear and detailed even at high volume and IMHO worth the extra investment. I set my system such that they don't get much bass, the bass comes really only from the subs. This allows for higher overall volume, less distortion and longer life span.
Mind you that the component that made most impact in my car was the DSP, once installed and professionally calibrated it really changed the whole experience. I chose HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 which drives my 6.5s, the subs are driven by another mono amp.
Don't forget sound deadening, it is a must if you want to enjoy high volumes.
Oh, I replaced the center speaker because it was chirping but eventually I ended up disconnecting it because it actually hurt the stereo imaging, it wan't really blending well. I recommend to disconnect it - try to hear if you prefer the sound without it.
Hope it helps...
Sponsored