Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Ya'll know there's an edit button, right?
It is dumb since every time someone quotes the person you put on the ignore list, it is not hidden.

Defeats the purpose.

Plus, if I were going to ignore thepill, I'd just stay out of certain threads... he only "gets on" in camaro vs. gm threads... no harm, no foul... m6g is a huge place.

His posts are good reading... interesting stuff most of the time...

I'm not sure who is right or wrong... we will find out once those cars get on the scales... will be interesting to find out if a FULLY loaded Camaro tops out over 3800 lbs.
Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Considering the Colorado and canyon basically destroyed everything in its segment at the time I'd say it was fair. It towed more for better fuel economy, had way more tech, more power etc than any of the other offerings.
As a 2nd generation Tacoma owner, I agree completely. After driving both a CO and a Canyon, they lack the reliable interior 'feel' of the Taco, but the driving dynamics, upscale design and parts used (relatively speaking, of course), and comfort are leaps and bounds better than my truck. I know the local dealerships are selling them almost as fast as they can get them.

The F150 changed to aluminum, but overall is the same basic truck that was offered last year, w/ the addition of the 2.7. The GM twins are breathing life back into a segment that had remained stagnant for 10 years...that's a very important move, I believe.

That said, as much as I like the looks of the Colorado, I wouldn't buy one. I've said in the past that I worked auto parts while in college and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth for GM products. I try to keep an open mind, but the quality still doesn't seem to be there. Still hoping things improve...

Unfortunately Ford has completely forgotten about those of us in North America that don't need a gigantic truck for everyday usage.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
As a 2nd generation Tacoma owner, I agree completely. After driving both a CO and a Canyon, they lack the reliable interior 'feel' of the Taco, but the driving dynamics, upscale design and parts used (relatively speaking, of course), and comfort are leaps and bounds better than my truck. I know the local dealerships are selling them almost as fast as they can get them.

The F150 changed to aluminum, but overall is the same basic truck that was offered last year, w/ the addition of the 2.7. The GM twins are breathing life back into a segment that had remained stagnant for 10 years...that's a very important move, I believe.

That said, as much as I like the looks of the Colorado, I wouldn't buy one. I've said in the past that I worked auto parts while in college and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth for GM products. I try to keep an open mind, but the quality still doesn't seem to be there. Still hoping things improve...

Unfortunately Ford has completely forgotten about those of us in North America that don't need a gigantic truck for everyday usage.
Changed to aluminum but still the same basic truck? Seriously? Lol

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

They are bringing back the ranger in the US.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
The Black SS is probably the same 2SS Car and Driver tested, it weighed 3760lbs. C&D and R&T are from the same publisher... Both pictures in Road and Track were provided by Chevy they say. So, I'm not sure...

I am pretty sure every Camaro out there is a Pre-production car. Motor Trend appears to have taken their own pictures too.

I think the Black SS is the 2SS used in C&D's test. The Yellow 1SS has also been used (same plate) by another publication in MI... So, the car in the pictures are not old... It might be an older Camaro but the pictures should be recent.

Is the 1SS 3672lbs or 3726lbs? :lol:

Is the 2SS 3726lbs or 3760???

Edit: C&D's was Red
That yellow pic was on c6 over a month ago.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Drilling or punching holes into the structure, at anytime, is ill-advised. There would be a great compromise is structural rigidity.

I do not work at GM, but I do own the sh!t outta them on many occasions... (Recent example posted above)
1. Holes can go all over the place in certain areas and not influence structural rigidity. For example, shear loads are carried at the extreme fibers of a cross section (the outermost ends)...there is quite literally a location in any shear plate where there is absolutely 0 stress...the stresses around these areas are typically so low the material can be removed w/ no ill effects. In beam bending a similar condition occurs. Only in pure tension is the removal of material 'ill-advised' as you say, but I can't think of a loadcase other than towing where pure tension might be seen, and in a unibody most of those loads are sheared into other structure anyhow. Note that it may be the case where material is removed specifically to allow distortion of material, in the case of crumple zones. Sorry, but the blanket statement you provide is completely wrong. You should apologize to Euler and Bernoulli.

2. Sure you didn't just find a typo in a magazine, not a huge GM conspiracy?

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Also, those yellow and black SS's have been on the web since Checy released the weight and 0-60 times.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.