Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'd be shocked if the mid cycle refresh included a weight reduction of any significance.

I'd expect a bump in power, and an overall refresh/retune of the suspension etc.

Something like 450hp will be doable without anything but minor changes, some better width on the wheels/tires and some suspension retuning is what it'll be imo.
Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I'd be shocked if the mid cycle refresh included a weight reduction of any significance.

I'd expect a bump in power, and an overall refresh/retune of the suspension etc.

Something like 450hp will be doable without anything but minor changes, some better width on the wheels/tires and some suspension retuning is what it'll be imo.
This. Adding more aluminum would end up being very costly for Ford but more so for future buyers this early in the game. I see the refresh being mostly touch ups nothing major. The mustang is selling too well as is to make major changes that the majority of buyers aren't concerned with. We focus on performance numbers because we are enthusiasts.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
While true that there is ALWAYS something faster, I think the muscle car war has taken us well beyond the majority of driver's skills, and certainly beyond legal limits. New Camaro is faster than an S550... oh well. They're both extremely fast. Which one feels more fun to drive? Which is an easier DD? Which is more affordable? Which actually looks good? These are the only things I'd care about anymore. Performance of both cars has far surpassed what you can actually do on the streets.
Agreed... the average performance car owners will never track their car or understand it's limits.

Still, for those of us that do track, it's fun to argue about a second here or there.

At this point cars are coming scary fast right off the assembly line. You get used to it quickly on track, but if you back up a second and realize you're going 150, I'm not really sure how much faster I need it to be.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Well I have one ordered, but I haven't wrote them the check or taken delivery, but yes.
Speaking of which, I wonder what the hold up is? :shrug:

This time last year Mustangs were all over the streets. As I recall the first member here took delivery at the end of September? That would put it nearly a month before that piece of junk you just wasted your money on! :lol:

J/K by the way...

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Just saw this review over on Camaro6. Looks like the v6 is an overall great package.
Yah the reviews on the new Camaro are just really damn good and like this guy said they leaped over the Mustang. This guy reviewing said it's not even a contest.

The V6 would be the one to get for sure. Since they didn't put out a version of their V8 without all the performance parts, you're really removing a buyer who wants a V8 DD/GT like car but who doesn't want the Brembos, tuned suspension, more cooling, summer tires, etc like the GT PP. THey really should have just made a V8 with RS package and then put their PP stuff in an optional package. Would cut the starting price like $3 grand off the 1SS/2SS.

They will have to do something. Like the review above, the Mustang is really behind in a bunch of areas now. Don't be surprised if the aluminum truck lid/deck is added. They had that for the '15 and left it off.

You'll see small engine bump, 10 speed tranny, refresh of the front, exhaust option and maybe digital gauges from F-150.

Ford did the piece meal approach where GM did everything up front.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yeah I guess it's like buying a computer, phone or TV... There's always a 'next model' right around the corner. At some point you just have to plop down and decide to buy, or you'll eternally be holding out for the next one, or the one after that...

My concern is that the Camaro's amazing performance will provoke Ford to pull a 2011 and render my 2016 the 'bum year'. But, that was always going to be a risk.
Correct.

BUT there are plateaus which IMO you should wait for on certain things.

For the Mustang, there are a few. The big one for me is the transmission for the auto. Right now Ford is behind most other brands in their transmission department in the automatic. So to me, I'm not buying something that I know is going to be replaced soon and bring a massive difference to the car.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I find it amusing that this thread has nearly twice as many posts as the "2016 Camaro Review Thread" on Camaro6.
Goes to show you that the Camaro lovers don't love the car like everyone thought they would.

Plus 85% of the stuff posted here would result in a ban over at the other place by Mustang owners.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Goes to show you that the Camaro lovers don't love the car like everyone thought they would.

Plus 85% of the stuff posted here would result in a ban over at the other place by Mustang owners.
I think its possible that the Camaro lovers over there love there cars just as much. There may just be less Camaro lovers. Either way, this is the place to be for discussion, debate and debauchery when it comes to mustang vs Camaro.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I think its possible that the Camaro lovers over there love there cars just as much. There may just be less Camaro lovers. Either way, this is the place to be for discussion, debate and debauchery when it comes to mustang vs Camaro.
I am only poking fun. The Camaro is a performer for sure. Kudos to Chevy for bringing the heat.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Speaking of which, I wonder what the hold up is? :shrug:

This time last year Mustangs were all over the streets. As I recall the first member here took delivery at the end of September? That would put it nearly a month before that piece of junk you just wasted your money on! :lol:

J/K by the way...
As with any new car, it takes a while before cars are shipped. Mine was built 10/15, so I would guess that it would ship next week-ish.......

Hoping anyways haha

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I know! It is interesting though, I would have thought that forum would have exploded by now.
True. I would assume it picks up once owners get their hands on the cars?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Status
Not open for further replies.