Sponsored

16 Camaro prices

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yeah, so? I won't be "tuning" mine or doing anything with the software, ECU's etc. so I really don't care who owns the software. If it makes the dealerships capable of updating programs with better ones, then that's a good thing.

People are claiming that there will be a lot of "negotiability" with the dealerships on the Camaro pricing. I think they're too hopeful - only time will tell if these prices were in line with "what you get" with the cars, but I don't think the price boosts are worth it at this point.
Maybe not YOU. But MOST V8 owners will want to.

And that's a problem.

No way around it.

Time will tell how successful GMs strategy is here. but the early feeling is that they whiffed big time on price and big time on trying to control what customers do with the car.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I think every model level except the 2SS is overpriced in comparison to the Stang. But, having said that, Chevy packs in A LOT at that 2SS level for 41k that even a fully option 45k GT Premium w/PP lacks. That's something Ford needs to seriously look at.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Magnetic ride control only $1695.00. I bet you will see this as an option on the GT in 2017 and maybe Rev Matching unless its patented or something.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I think every model level except the 2SS is overpriced in comparison to the Stang. But, having said that, Chevy packs in A LOT at that 2SS level for 41k that even a fully option 45k GT Premium w/PP lacks. That's something Ford needs to seriously look at.
Hard to disagree with the statement that there's a lot packed into the 2SS.

Sponsored

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I'm not jealous of the Camaro...

1. Auto rev matching in a manual transmission is awkward...I prefer rev matching my GT, I feel more engaged.

2. HUD is cool but not practical for me because I had it in my ATS but found it distracting. My eyes always focused on the speedometer.

3. I have gotten countless looks, compliments and thumbs up with the GT. From cops, Subaru buddies to homeless folks. They all like the new Stang design!!!

4. The Stang cockpit is way better than Camaro.

5. I enjoy driving the GT everyday and that is what matters most.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
My wife has a 13 Camaro SS convert (silver with black Rallye stripes and ground effects). This iteration is the most handsome to date and I get a ton of positive comments when I drive it. IMHO the "retro Camaro" peaked with this version and any other "tweeks" are going to lessen the "classic Camaro" lines that they created when they re-introduced the 2010.

Mustang however hit the nail on the head with it's modernizing effort and Ford has simply done just about everything better than GM. As a true blue Ford guy I only get excited when I am in a Mustang and I am excited to own a Gen6 car soon (GT350).

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
just read this thread... LOL my fully loaded gt pp premium(except no adaptive cc) was 38k otd($43k sticker).....

chevy done goofed especially for base price.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So do we have an apples to apples comparison of the 2SS to the GT Premium and what comes on the SS standard that you have the option out on the GT (like 20" wheels, brembos, etc)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Agreed. The issue is some of that should be options that you add on so the price is lower.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Ford should be smart about this when it comes to shipping out demos for the inevitable mag comparisons. They should NOT be sending cars with the backup sensors and active cruise control. Those options are hardly ever brought up enough to justify the as-tested cost which is always magnified in importance. Omitting those two options would save more than $1500 and create an even larger delta between the Camaro. A 401A GT with premier trim and nav would be a killer value proposition compared to a loaded 2SS with comparable features.
I agree. But the 400A is a better value proposition yet. Not saying people shouldn't buy the 401A but $1800 for a subwoofer, two tweeters, memory seats and BLIS is a LOT of money.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So you compared the Mustang's front end to a chopped off pig snout, yet you say the Shelby on the front page of this forum looks fantastic. So which one is it. Both the GT and the GT 350 look pretty much the same, minus a few front fascia parts. So are you like some kind of Chevy scout or fan boy/girl. Don't come here to start a fight you can't win. Cry all you want but that doesn't change the fact you have a Camaro that you don't like but foolishly choose to defend. The fact that you replied to my words shows how much it effects you. Today you embarrassed not just yourself, but your car as well. :paddle:
I agree with him that the Mustang front fascia needs to be updated/changed to reflect more of the GT350 look which is much more aggressive/harder looking. They got the front right on the GT350.

The current S550 front just looks too similar to a Fusion. They could do some minor tweaks and just fix it right and many would be happy. Also I think the Camaro does have the better front end.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
That's fine...but many others do...great thing about opinions.
I think the oversized lower intake on the front of the Camaro is its worst-looking thing. However, it is not NEAR as ugly as the Corolla or Camry. The front of the Camry is outrageously ugly. The Camaro doesn't come close to that. I do think the Mustang is the better looking vehicle.

Mustang needs to add support for magnetic ride control and really should do something to compete with the HUD as well. I could see some going with the Camaro for the suspension option. The Camaro fanboys are going to buy the Camaro and the Mustang fanboys are going to buy the Mustang. The competition is for those who aren't brand loyal. Hopefully the competition makes both cars better and makes them both a better value.
Sponsored