Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Good Day Forum,

We will be using this thread to document the build process of 15svo's (Jason) Oxford White 2015 Ecoboost Mustang. Jason went with our full Phase 1 upgrade which includes MAPerformance Intake, Catless Downpipe, Catback, and Cobb Accessport with Protune. After Phase 1, Jason has expressed interest in upgrading to our Phase 2 after he gets to put some miles on his new car as he hasn't even driven it yet! :eyebulge:

First things first, some pictures!

Jason got a call from the dealer and immediately went and picked it up with a truck and trailer and brought it to our shop. As you can see in the above pictures the car had 4.4miles on it when it was dropped off.

After a quick photoshoot, we immediately get the car protected to prevent from any scratches while we perform the installs.

After we got the car protected we needed to get it on the dyno to break in the new engine, and get some baseline numbers.

This car made some STRONG baseline numbers. We did 3 pulls and pulled the average to use for our baseline. We did it with stock tune, and with a Cobb 93oct Stg1 map. Peak boost was damn near the same at ~21.71psi.

Stock tune baseline - 267.94hp | 288.54tq
Cobb OTS baseline - 270.29hp | 343.67tq

Now you might not think the Cobb OTS tune isn't really worth it because the car shows a peak gain of 2.35hp and 55.13tq. However take a look at the gains it made between 2200rpm and 4600rpm. Those are gains of almost 40whp over stock during those rpm ranges. The stock ecu has an insane amount of control over the car at 5500rpm's. You can take a look at almost any dynograph out there and the power always ends at 5500rpm. We are coming up with a solution for this, and we will keep everyone posted as we sort it out!

Now that we have our baseline numbers, I will be providing comparison dyno numbers once we get the full package on. We will be posting comparison with OEM tune, Cobb OTS tune, and our custom tune to show the benefits of going with our Protune.

Now we just need a few days to catch up on intake, exhaust, and downpipe orders and we will have an update for you with all the products installed. Jason's exhaust is just being buttoned up now, and his intake is already done.

Keep you all updated as we make more progress!

-Adam Brunson

Sponsored

Last edited:

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
I just want to say a Huge thanks to Adam and the crew at Maperformance for the job there doing on my wife and I car. I also have thanks for the photo shoot I'm always blown away by the extra mile you guys go for the customer!!

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Super excited and can't wait to see more! I already love MAP from everything they've posted. Can't wait to get my car so I can get their exhaust!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Subscribed. Looking forward to the results!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
What gear did you do the pulls in?

What was the time between each pull?

Those are really high numbers stock, wow!

Sponsored

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Looking forward to seeing more on this build!

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
The car was pulled in 4th gear and sat for maybe a minute in between each pull.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Will be posting some more updates soon. Have his intercooler off now for some development, and will be putting the full Phase 1 mods on shortly and doing some Protuning for the automatic!

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
Subscribed

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Update!

Phase 1 is complete, and now we wait for our Phase 2 intercooler to be finalized as that is the next planned step for 15svo's car!

Onto the pictures, and results!

A look at the whole exhaust system.

Close up of our 3" connector that eliminates 100% of the factory connections in the exhaust. This is only included when you have our downpipe AND cat-back. You can upgrade to the 3" connection piece if you don't buy both units at the same time.

Resonators located at the rear of the car, right before the differential.

A shot from the rear, man it's so pretty!

MAP Intake

Now onto the results! Looks like the AT charge air temps seem to run a little hotter than the MT. I am not sure why, I haven't really came up with a logical reason why this is, but it is definitely happening.

Here is a quick graph showing you what is going on, between MT with Phase 1 upgrades, and AT with Phase 1 upgrades. Both had the same starting air intake temps, but the AT charge air temps are hotter at idle.

Below is a dynograph of 15svo's vehicle with full phase 1 modifications. The blue line is MAP's custom tune, and the red graph Cobb's 93 Stage 1 tune. You can see were were able to achieve more power with a hair less boost, and the AFR's were a little cleaner, same goes for boost!

And here are 15svo's baseline numbers vs MAP P1 upgrades and tune. (Correction factor has changed)

Will get the testing on our intercooler finished up hopefully today, and post the results on both MT and AT here in the thread and our R&D thread that can be found in my signature!

Thank you,
Adam Brunson

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Is there any particular reason that you have slip fit connections before the resonators instead of V-bands? I don't recall seeing those in the past.

Also, were the AGS open or in the same position as the manual? Perhaps they were partially closed and inhibiting airflow to the intercooler?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Is there any particular reason that you have slip fit connections before the resonators instead of V-bands? I don't recall seeing those in the past.

Also, were the AGS open or in the same position as the manual? Perhaps they were partially closed and inhibiting airflow to the intercooler?

Those are sleeves, not slip-fits. You bring two pieces of exhaust piping together, then a sleeve goes over both pieces. So there is no expanding that needs to be done, and it is a double seal instead of a single seal so we guarantee it being leak free. That was added to the original cat-back post as there was a problem with shipping. Our mid-pipe was too long and wouldn't allow for a reasonable shipping cost under $120.00 with our OUTSTANDING UPS account. With us offering International shipping, and free shipping within the continental USA, we had to get the box size down to keep the end users cost reasonable. This also allows for even more adjustment, so you have no problems with fitment at the back end.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Those are sleeves, not slip-fits. You bring two pieces of exhaust piping together, then a sleeve goes over both pieces. So there is no expanding that needs to be done, and it is a double seal instead of a single seal so we guarantee it being leak free. That was added to the original cat-back post as there was a problem with shipping. Our mid-pipe was too long and wouldn't allow for a reasonable shipping cost under $120.00 with our OUTSTANDING UPS account. With us offering International shipping, and free shipping within the continental USA, we had to get the box size down to keep the end users cost reasonable. This also allows for even more adjustment, so you have no problems with fitment at the back end.
10-4. I must have missed it when you updated the original cat-back thread. I understand that about the shipping costs too. I was just curious lol.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
10-4. I must have missed it when you updated the original cat-back thread. I understand that about the shipping costs too. I was just curious lol.

No problem, the more places that information is shared the better! :cheers:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.