Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

He tested this on his GT350. It might be worth a shot to try. He's very picky about his cars. So if he saw a rock chip he would say.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've gotten alot of chips and scratches in the front from rocks. I'd recommend getting XPEL or something similar. I have several blemishes that even touchup paint really dont help.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
First mod after buying my Mustang GT, 10 year warranty Suntek PPF that self heals. Best investment ever.
I second that. had the entire front end wrapped. have to protect the black paint.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I second that. had the entire front end wrapped. have to protect the black paint.
Yes. Once you use it once, you'll look to always have it. My front end is pristine still since May because of it. I think when you actually watch the film heal a rock hit, you'll be sold on it every time.

I had XPEL on my previous car and had a good size ding from a rock on the lower bumper and saw the damage in the film. I left it outside and the sun healed it within a few days. Crazy tech goes into that film.

I went with Suntek this round per my installer's request. He said they're the same as XPEL now with the self heal properties, except Suntek is less noticeable on the film being installed and seals better. XPEL has more of a rough texture to it while Suntek is smooth.

We'll see how the Suntek works out. Warranty matches XPEL so why not?

My Mazda 6 wasn't so lucky. 1 week after buying the car, a car lane changed in front of me and threw up a rock and put a crack in my windshield. I was so mad. I try not to follow people too close but you can't help the person lane changing in front of you or lane changing in front of you with no space and kicking up rocks on the lines of the roads. Thankfully, I don't see any rock chips on the front bumper of my Mazda, but I really want to get PPF on it as well.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, i went with suntek per my installer for those reasons

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is a TON of sand, rocks, debris here in Florida. I covered my bimmer in Xpel (tried 3M on a previous car and it's not as good) and it was the best investment i've ever done. My Mustang is already chipped up.

I would invest in the a Xpel clearbra before driving down to key west, otherwise you WILL get chips on that trip.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Our paint sucks. No way around it. It will chip. It will scratch. You will cuss. Like mentioned above, get some Dr. Colorchip ready and call it a day. I have several rock chips and scratches from a lot of highway driving here in North Carolina. Think of it this way. All those scratches and chips tell a story. They are memories for you to look back on. :)

Btw, that bumper bra impedes airflow.
I will a small bit but not enough to worry about it. I had one on my vette and worked like a dream and no issues. Easy to clean and kept off the bugs and rocks:thumbsup:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
But it is my mustang!
5 years down the road, your mustang is gonna depreciate so much it's cheaper than a new Corolla. I highly doubt any teenager buyer is gonna care about some rock chips.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ckear 'BRA' only covers a portion of the hood. The edge of bra is noticable and diesnt look very goid. Need to get "FULL" fron end coverage

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
going from NC to key west back to nc and a little worried how much of a beating the front end is going to take without any protection
if its half as bad as the paint on the ST's youll have to paint the front end in 2 years anyways... :crazy:

My focus is the DD and the front end looks like its got 150k miles... i have NEVER owned a car that chipped like this new ford paint does, and you've seen my cars.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I purchased a colgan for mine for long highway trips. Just went on a Florida trip and no rock chips. I got stuck behind some redneck in a truck throwing rocks all over the place and without protection there would be plenty of rock chips. Also, if you are driving thru Darien GA on 95 do not go over 70 for the 1 mile you are within city limits. Those goobers write tickets for 85 mph even if you are going 75 or 79. My radar/laser was never triggered and the cop was on the shoulder with a hand held shooting through a car on my right at a 70 degree angle. Absolute horse shit and he never even clocked me but that doesn't stop those goobers from picking out Mustangs in a group of 6 cars.
20170730_141142_20170830160656123.jpg

Last edited:

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Pretty bad, sadly. I've had mine since early May and have put nearly 7,000 miles on it (mostly freeway from my 50 mile a day commute) and my front end looks like its been sandblasted. I'm also on my second windshield and have had another chip in the new glass repaired just last week.

Either get paint protection or be prepared with a touch up kit. I'm touching mine up as I go along. If I weren't planning on getting a different front bumper, hood, and fenders some time down the line, I'd spring for some quality clear vinyl. I'll do that once the new panels are on.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
40 mile daily commute on high volume urban interstate, I've seen and heard many impacts but have no chipped paint. My windshield has taken some abuse, 2 noticeable chips on the drivers side so far. Last week I was two cars behind some dipsh!t in a p/u truck hauling a trailer doing 70+ in the left lane. He kept swinging the trailer off on the shoulder and slinging debris everywhere, it was like being caught in a damn meteor shower. Some additional protection for the front is definitely in my future.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
my car is black. i to keep back from cars. i wonder if that bra would leave rub marks on black
Sponsored